prefiltering SCWD on closed loop system

JoJo

as most of you know the SCWD on CL has stopped switching and this is because i havent had a prefilter on it. the problem is the intakes of the CL is hidden under the rock pile, so it's hard to gain access to. so i'm trying to come up with a way to prefilter the water before it gets to the SCWD, the first thing that comes to mind is inline filter but the closest thing i can find to that is this filter. but it would be hard to change those out being under the rocks.

any ideas?

here's pics of the set up to give an idea of the set up

screen2.jpg

scaping1.jpg

plumb3.jpg

Reddog170

Your right that would be a pain to get to. The only thing that I can think of is if you can modify your plumbing just a bit to acept a filter in the plumbing before it gets to anything. Best of luck, Shaun

JoJo

would this work? buy another K4 plus this and run both the same as they would be on the Koralia wavemaker.

glampka

If memory serves me correctly, I don't think the standard HK4 can be run on a timer/wavemaker.

kospaintball

koralias lose a lot of their life span by putting them on a timer. I believe it actually says that in their manuals too. Maxijets are good for timers and they are really reliable.

jgking21

JoJo, are your rocks glued together in anyway? I've got my set up mainly stuck together so I could pull the entire structure out. Maybe if you did something like that it would be easier to get to the filters, just lift the structure off. Check my link, there are a bunch of pics of the rock work. Just an idea, I like that system!

JoJo

naw, its just stacked. it would be hard to pull that out in one piece, thats about 70lbs of LR! the best idea so far is to put the scwd on the return pump from the sump(Mag 9), and just use regular locline on the closed loop. that way i can easily change the prefilter.