OT WeightLoss Thread

JoJo

I'm starting this thread to keep track of my progess in my eating/excersice habits. I will post pics as motivation to myself & others that i hope will join this thread, its easier to accomplish thinkgs with friends.

Since moving from our condo to our new house i have continously been gaining weight. I have went from 220lbs to 280lbs in 1.5yrs, after stuffing my face for 5 days at Disney World i'm changing my lifestyle. Before leaving for DW Kim & I joined a gym a couple of blocks away from my house. I dont eat red meat, rarely drink soda or alcohol. I dont eat alot of sweets, but when i do binge, so we wont have any on the grocery list.

Here's a pic of me now, 5'10", 280lbs.

dwaquarium.JPG

Last edited:

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Re: WeightLoss Thread

Well hey JoJo, better now than later, I wish you success in this, Great Move!!

JoJo

yea, i'd rather volunteer to change my eating habits than be forced because of diabetes or heart problems

boozeman

BRAVO !!! I commend your efforts...taking the step to post a thread like this takes a lot of effort and is a testament to the seriousness of your motivation !!!

PEMfish

Alright. Good to hear. :dance:
pic isn't displaying and you forgot the OT.

JoJo

i'll fix the pic, but since i'm posting in the OT forum how did i forget the OT?

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM

lol1 your supposed to put O.T. in front of the title, or Cougra will yell at you

dfurbee

JoJo,
I started this year also, have a personal trainer 2Xweek, and try to eat right also. It is getting harder to do the older I get. Don't like to post pics of myself, but will after some of the weight comes off. Thanks for starting this thread :) Best of luck with your venture

SJS

Good for you!! It's not easy, I definitely sympathize. Had a bunch of stress 2 years ago, gained 25 pounds in 3 months, and some of it is still hanging on! Just remember to make changes you can live with or it wont stick. You cant deprive yourself of all the goodies! I remind myself that there is nothing I cant have, I just cant have all of it at once!!!
Cant wait to follow your progress, my treadmill and I are supporting you!!

JoJo

Dfur, i wish you would post a pic, it'll show how far you've come. i posted that pic after eating at a country buffet, the worst time to take a pic but i can look at it & tell myself honestly i have to do something about it.

Remember, i didnt start this thread just for me, its for anyone that wants to join, whether is 5lbs or 50+. this is only day 1 and look how much support i've gotten, thats why i did because i can count on everyone he to keep me moving.

blue_eyes53813

I fixed it for you.. Its ok. I commend you on your efforts to lose weight. For a year now I have worked and worked and worked on losing weight. I have lost about 45 lbs. and I tell you it takes alot of time and effort.

I called my family Dr. and she helped me immensly. Maybe yours can help too. I was on a Dr prescribed weight loss pill. She put me on a work out schedule and I joined a fitness center with a personal trainer. You have to make long term goals and changes to your eating.

I wish you the best of luck and keep us posted.

JoJo

Thanks everyone for the support.

I forgot to add i went through this before, i was about 240 when i graduated in 2002 by 2004 i was 300lbs. i went into training, jogging, weightlifting, changing my diet, in 2005 i was 220lbs. but when we bought this house we stopped the gym memberships & had to eat out for a month straight because the kitchen was being renovated. so that added 20lbs, the rest came from getting married & feeling comfortable.

i'm a person of habit, once i get into the swing of things it's a piece of cake. i stop using personal trainers because they wouldnt push me hard enough, ohh, i was head of the football team & a coach afterwards so i force myself more than anyone once i'm in the groove.

Frankie

RS STAFF
I will add you to my prayer list JoJo.
This is a very brave thread you started. I am the opposite, I have trouble gaining weight. A lot of people say "I wish i had that problem" but for a man it sux. Most i ever weighed was 154. I am at 148 right now at 6'. I will share this with you though. I fasted for 40 day on veggies and fruit only recently and put on 5 lbs. There might be something to this.
Good luck dude!

JoJo

Thanks for the support Frankie. my wife had the same problem when we were in high school, she could eat a horse beat_dead_horse & not gain a pound, well since graduating we both are having the same problem. so we're doing this together, it's no problem for her to tell me i've ate enough but i believe she ups my life insurance everytime i tell her to :nono: :rocket:

Jeremy0322

JoJo, i know this may seem out of the blue but i may have something that you would be interested in. In my house there were a few weight problems and my dad finally decided to do something about it. We found something called Advocare which is just a really nice health care line that supplies weight loss kits and energy drinks and stuff of that nature. My dad has been on kit for about 7 weeks and using the weight loss kit he has lost 19 lbs and 18 inches around his body, 4 of which were on his waist. His body fat percentage went from 29% to about 21%, and he has not been exercising because his work schedule is so hellish, however it speeds the process up. He works about 18 hour days 6 days a week. You have to go through independent distributors so that is why I am involved in it, because that is my position. This may seem forward seeing as how I am kind of new to the forum but i figured I would get the word out and maybe lend a helping hand. If you are interested I am assuming there is a PM function on here, and if not thats alright too. We would be willing to work with you are stuff can get shipped right to your house. If I do not hear from you that is cool too, and I still wish you the best of luck. But if anyone is interested let me know, I can offer more info about it. And if there is a problem with this post just let me know, I am not trying to push anything, and will happily remove it if that is the rules.

JoJo

Hey Jeremy thanks for the info. could you share more about this kit & its contents & their prices. thanks.