Recent content by shingo43

1. shingo43

Flatworm eXit

Do you keep the powerheads on or off when dosing flatworm exit?
  2. shingo43

Ray's Red Sea Max 130D, lots of pictures

Got a small zoa frag, very bright color, can any one ID it? shark nose goby rests on zoas
  3. shingo43

Tunze Nano DOC 9002 Thread.

a question for all 9002 users, what does the color look like in your collection cup? I got got light browns no matter how I set the air intake. and how long does it take to make the collection cup half full? My setting takes about a week.
  4. shingo43

btw here are the tube and valve I bought from LFS Lee's Deluxe Airline Tubing - per foot Hagen Elite Airline Control Valve
  5. shingo43

The pill silencer works great, way better than I expected, I hardly hear the skimmer at all now period. Tools needed: drill and drill bits I used 15/64, pill bottle(I used a small advil bottle) step1: drill 2 holes in the cap step2: put the tubes in to two holes, then glue them on,put...
  6. shingo43

Thanks everyone for your kind words I did the tunze 9002 mod yesterday and it worked surprisingly good for me, I recommend everyone to give a try. I just searched and found the pill bottle method will even quiet down the air intake even more, I am gonna try it tonight
  7. shingo43

I just did the same mod today, all I can say is WOOOOW the mod only cost me a little over a dollar and only takes me less than 15 mins. Any one own 9002 should and have to do it. I bought 3 feet air line tube from...
  8. shingo43

I tried a few sps frags using factory light, it has been about a month. the blue tip acropora seems to be doing ok, and the millepora only show very short tentacles, but no sign of browning or dying. Full tank shot in wide angel Top down view Arco,got it on Christmas, seems grew a...
  9. shingo43

Led lighting question

Marineland actually made a reef version led light (Marineland Reef LED Light Fixture) how is this one? will any one be interested trying it out?
  10. shingo43

Led lighting question

Hi, all I was browsing today and see this marineland led light(Marineland Double Bright LED Light Fixture), it says it has (8) 1W Daylight LED's Totaling 600 Lumens. I wonder if anyone tried these, I am thinking go topless and replace the original 130D hood to TWO of these units, Will that be...
  11. shingo43

Tank has been running for 4 months now. A midas blenny died 2 days after he is purchased, possibly he was sick before I brought him home. Then 2 days after One of my paired clown fish suddenly died for no known reasons, sad story. Otherwise tank is running good, sold a few corals and bought a...
  12. shingo43

A question for all Tunze users, I use mediarack with 9002,everytime I cleaned my filter floss, the water level will raise, so that the skimmer won't work unless I adjust the skimmer level, how do you guys solve this problem?
  13. shingo43

Should I get a Red Sea Max tank?

since you already had experience I do not recommend you another all in one tank. I had my red sea max for about 4 months and I spent too much on modding, skimmer, pumps, heater, media rack etc... But anyway RSM is a great beginner tank. If I were you I'll start a 40 breader or 46 bowfront, with...
  14. shingo43

Update water pump?

It surely is a good deal. It is a rip off it sells for $250 in Canada, plus 12% taxes.
  15. shingo43

Update water pump?

The best price for mp10 es I can find is $199, does any one know if there is a better price? if yes, can u please post the link here? thanks