Ray's Red Sea Max 130D, lots of pictures

shingo43

Thanks everyone for your kind words
I did the tunze 9002 mod yesterday and it worked surprisingly good for me, I recommend everyone to give a try.
I just searched and found the pill bottle method will even quiet down the air intake even more, I am gonna try it tonight

shingo43

The pill silencer works great, way better than I expected, I hardly hear the skimmer at all now period.
Tools needed: drill and drill bits I used 15/64, pill bottle(I used a small advil bottle)

step1:
drill 2 holes in the cap
2rgbzo4.jpg

step2:
put the tubes in to two holes, then glue them on,put the cap back on
2dmgnd5.jpg

step3:
put the bottle in to electricity chamber,connect the longer tube to the air valve,done
4h9xkh.jpg

the noise has been reduced to all most nothing, easy and useful mod.
Now my 9002 works better than ever
2ilyafd.jpg

rjm87a.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Nice job on the silencer! I've recommended that DIY silencer a few times and I think you may be the first RSM owner to try it. It's the same principle as the silencers used on many skimmer brands, and I had 2 of them on my previous dual pump Euro-Reef skimmer - the design really does quiet skimmers down without sacrificing air flow.

wow!!! Nice corals and that pic of the in unidentified zoantid coral is very healthy and freakin bright there are so many zoas I just call them by there colors but great job on keepin a healthy reef hope u find the scientific name for that amazing frag!!!!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Nice pictures Ray! Really pretty zoas - call them whatever you want - the fancier the name the more valuable they are LOL!