Recent content by mzreenie

1. M

Thinking of selling RSM 130D, Columbia, SC area

I'm thinking of selling my RSM 130D tank. The tank is a little over 2 1/2 years old, in excellent condition and everything in the tank is thriving, it is just getting to be too much for an old lady like me. So, if you know of anyone in the Columbia, SC area who is contemplating buying a RSM 130D...
  2. M

Thanks Terry. I'd really like to sell the tank, maybe I will list it on Craig's List.
  3. M

I'm thinking of selling my RSM 130D tank. The tank is a little over 2 1/2 years old, in excellent condition and everything in the tank is thriving, it is just getting to be too much for an old lady like me. So, if you know of anyone in the Columbia, SC area who is contemplating buying a RSM...
  4. M

Cloudy water/Deflating Anemones

Thanks Grendel, and I agree with you. I think I was the cause of the problem because the day before this happened I had stirred up quite a lot of the sand. I had also used the turkey baster to blow off the live rock and I think I caused the bloom. Everything is looking great now.
  5. M

Thank You. I was afraid of that actually. But the Anemones did exude a milky substance so I thought it might have made the water cloudy. But, truthfully, the fact that they both deflated at the same time, also leads me back to thinking that the cloudy water caused their deflation.
  6. M

Arrangement of Media with Media Basket and Tunze

Magnetar - I had the very same problem when I changed over to the Tunze/media basket combination. I found that the filter floss (and I only used one not two like you say you are using) clogs up very fast. I started changing it out once per day and sometimes twice per day if I had stirred up...
  7. M

Last night I looked at my tank (RSM130D) and noticed that the water was extremely cloudy. I saw that both of my Anemones had deflated. I did a water change and added carbon. Both of the Anemones look fine today. My question is this: Did the water get cloudy because of the Anemones deflating...
  8. M

A few pics - RSM 15 months old

See that black blob in the middle of the striped mushrooms? I think it is a sponge or a tunicate, not sure. It's a black ball with a small hole (mouth?) in it.
  9. M

Thanks all. Pocketreef - the two plates were hitchhikers.
  10. M

Reefmack - yes the Anemone split a few days ago. Seems to be doing OK. Tnwillia - I live in Prosperity, so we are almost neighbors. When my Anemones get too big for my tank (and they will), I'll give you one if you want.
  11. M

Yes, I really like my Flame Hawkfish - I've only had him about a week. He has already been named Goofy because he is so weird, lol. Be careful, they can really jump - I was doing some work in the tank the other day and he got spooked and jumped up out of the water almost right in my face...
  12. M

Full Tank (forgot to turn off the flash): And a few miscellanous ones:
  13. M

Rod's Food - dumb question

LOL TonyV, I like that word "blendorize."
  14. M

Thanks Nanoreefing. That definitely sounds like a better idea. The funny thing is that in the same shipment with the Rod's Food I had received some frozen Silversides and I had planned to feed a piece of Silverside to the Anemone's after the fish had eaten. Oh well, next time.
  15. M

How to you feed frozen Rod's Food? I've heard that you should not rinse it, but do you thaw it? Or just float a chunk? When I received the food today, I broke off a dime sized piece and floated it while still frozen. I figured that as it thawed the fish would nibble at it. Well, my female...