Recent content by BaylorbearSW

1. B

Steve's LEDs

What would you say is the best setting on the Typhon (intensity) for coral growth? I have the standard Steve's LED setup and been going about 3 weeks now. I started at 50% for all channels then after a week up to 60% but been a little scared to up it anymore because it already seems really...
  2. B

Is there a way to keep clowns out of nem?!

Short of removing the clowns? My LTA was doing just peachy, attached, eating, good color, good "reflexes". Well my clowns discovered it and now my nem won't attach to anything. It still has good color, still eats, still expands and contracts, etc...just won't attach. If I feed my tank it...
  3. B

Anybody seen this before?

I concur...I think Just wanted to post some new pics since the lights came on today! And a view into my other obsession... My wife is always on my case for picking the 2 most expensive hobbies out there...guns and salty fish. I guess almost most expensive...behind hookers and blow.
  4. B

White squsihy sacks...almost look like cotton balls...

Are these generally a sign of good, bad, or indifferent water quality?
  5. B

White squsihy sacks...almost look like cotton balls...

??? They are on the underside of most my rockwork and got quite a few of them...
  6. B

I think it is getting the point it needs a little light. Some of the tents are clear at the ends and its on the move. I can't believe how much krill it ate. I have never seen an anemone eat actually, all my others wouldn't hold on to food, they would hold it for a second and then let it go, but...
  7. B

Excellent, thank you all. I just never have seen them attached in such a way. This is also the first "large" anemone I have purchased and then clowns have no interest, I am assuming because of the position. The other anems I had they were beating up before it hit the bottom. I decided to feed...
  8. B

I have a RSM 250 with a LTA that I have had approximately 9 days. I have in the past purchased smaller anemones and my clowns have wallowed them to death essentially. So this time I purchased a larger anemone. As soon as it was put into my tank it attached to a set of rocks I have but it...
  9. B

Rsm 250 heater

Ive been doing some research and it appears the stock heaters has some problems, and I believe mine has stopped heating. Tank around 72-74 with my heater running full blast. My home is pretty much always less than 66F but this is the first year I have had the problem with temp. Just curious what...
  10. B

Another Algae Question

Ok now really considering this substrate exchange idea since I don't really like those pellets anyway...never have. If I do this my plan is to take all rock out, put egg crate down since I never did before, scrub rocks, and replace with sand. I have a few questions though. Can I remove all the...
  11. B

Another Algae Question

Here are the results. SG: 1.024-1.025 (C Scope Refractometer) Temp: 72F (Low I know...see heater) Rest of these are done by Red Sea Liquid Reagent Test Kit...I have a hard time differentiating between the colors... Nitrate: 2.5 ppm Nitrite: 0 ppm Ammonia: tested .25 ppm which converts to toxic...
  12. B

Another Algae Question

Well I do weekly water changes, but have been doing 5 gallons, I think 10 is more beneficial right now. I also have never thought to clean the back because...well...just never thought about it, maybe I will do 5 gallons from front of tank and 5 from back of tank from now on. As far as the...
  13. B

Another Algae Question

Did a 10 gallon water change today, I got all that gunk out from the back of the tank. I had 10 gallons of essentially brown/green water from behind there. It's now clean again behind there. Blew off the rocks afterwards and now the rocks are a bright white, and the algae is gray/white now...
  14. B

Fluval e series heaters

Just curious if anybody has any experience with these. I have a rsm 250 and it appears the heater has crapped out. I was looking at Rena smart heater (unsuccessfully i might add) but stumbled upon the fluval an curious I anybody could give me any insight. Also would a 300w do fine in the RSM or...
  15. B

Another Algae Question

I'm thinking that the heater I have is not working, when I feel it it's not warm, and it's turned all the way up. I have a heater in my frag tank that when I feel it, I feel the heat coming off of it. I am trying to get a rena smartheater but petco nor petsmart have them and my LFS is closed...