Rsm 250 heater

Ive been doing some research and it appears the stock heaters has some problems, and I believe mine has stopped heating. Tank around 72-74 with my heater running full blast. My home is pretty much always less than 66F but this is the first year I have had the problem with temp. Just curious what heaters you all have been using in the Rsm when replaced. Looking at Rena 300 smart heater but not on many of the sites I buy from and also looking at fluval e series heaters but can't find much info about them for saltwater or Rsm users. Anyways just curious!

reefer gladness

RSM heaters have a terrible reputation, I only use it for heating water used for water changes. It sounds like you're heater is broken, you can get a replacement from RSM if it's been less than a year but I'd let them keep it. Tanks will always run a few degrees warmer than ambient room temp due to the heat coming from the pumps and lights, 6-8 degrees sounds about normal.

Usually they get stuck in the on position which overheats the tank, you should be okay in the 72-74 range temporarily but get another heater. I'd use this Eheim Jager TruTemp Fully Submersible UL Approved Heater

gbose

I replaced the stock heater in my RSM130 with Eheim Jager 200W; it seems to be working well. Agree the stock heater is junk; mine has rusty water inside the glass tube!

GBose