Anybody seen this before?

I have a RSM 250 with a LTA that I have had approximately 9 days. I have in the past purchased smaller anemones and my clowns have wallowed them to death essentially. So this time I purchased a larger anemone. As soon as it was put into my tank it attached to a set of rocks I have but it attached upside down. Have read that this really isn't an issue because they know when they need light and will come get it. Now to my real question. I noticed yesterday that it had moved a little but also where the tentacles (around the edge) meet the base it is also attached. It is sort of stretching the anemone almost... I have attached pictures but they are pretty tough to see I think. Any ideas?

Overall Picture
IMG_6745.jpg

Little Closer Overall
IMG_6744.jpg

Where it has attached in what seems to be an odd place...
IMG_6746.jpg

Closer of attached
IMG_6748.jpg

Excellent, thank you all. I just never have seen them attached in such a way. This is also the first "large" anemone I have purchased and then clowns have no interest, I am assuming because of the position. The other anems I had they were beating up before it hit the bottom. I decided to feed tonight since it has been 9 days, it ate 5 pieces of decent sized krill, I think I got a pretty good specimen with this one.

Doogle

Pretty cool lookig nem! I want one but scared it's gonna go stinging everything!lol

I think it is getting the point it needs a little light. Some of the tents are clear at the ends and its on the move. I can't believe how much krill it ate. I have never seen an anemone eat actually, all my others wouldn't hold on to food, they would hold it for a second and then let it go, but that could be from the clowns wallowing them and they were on their way out. On a side note I fed my Wells some krill too, he gobbled it right up as well.

rufus2008

I haven't fed my bta's in months. Everytime I do they multiply and I don't have the room for any more. Yours sounds like a healthy one if its holding onto and eating the food:) Here's a couple pic's of mine.
Oops one pic's upside down but you get the idea.

Attachments

• 2012-06-08 15.48.13.jpg
    2012-06-08 15.48.13.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 2012-05-27 15.03.52.jpg
    2012-05-27 15.03.52.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 56

engineer goby

Has been struck by the ban stick
I haven't fed my bta's in months. Everytime I do they multiply and I don't have the room for any more. Yours sounds like a healthy one if its holding onto and eating the food:) Here's a couple pic's of mine.
Oops one pic's upside down but you get the idea.

Sweet tank. It's hard to tell in the picture but is that a White Cheek Tang?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
learned something new today :dance:

Sessile organisms stay in one place, whereas motile organisms are mobile. The majority of organisms are motile, but many important organisms, including coral, sponges, barnacles, tunicates, bryozoans, polychaete worms, some bivalves, and most brachiopods are sessile. Of course, all land plants are sessile. Some animals have motile larval stages and sessile adult stages, or vice versa.

Sessile animals must use passive feeding methods, specifically filter feeding. Sessile plants use photosynthesis for energy in all except rare cases. Sessile animals have evolved a variety of interesting means for getting nutritious bits out of water, where they almost always live: tentacles, filters, and pumps. Motile animals, which are by far the most common and complex, have a much greater number of available means to obtain food, but at the same time, their nutrient requirements are greater.

Sessile marine organisms have been extremely common since the dawn of multicellular life. Most of the earliest animals, making up an assemblage called the Ediacaran fauna, were sessile. During the Ordovician period, about 480 million years ago, there was a jump in the number of filter-feeding organisms, suggesting that concentrations of small marine animals (plankton) became more abundant during the period. The animals from the Cambrian immediately before were mostly bottom scavengers or predators.

I concur...I think

Just wanted to post some new pics since the lights came on today!

IMG_6751.jpg

IMG_6752.jpg

IMG_6753.jpg

And a view into my other obsession...

IMG_6733.jpg

My wife is always on my case for picking the 2 most expensive hobbies out there...guns and salty fish. I guess almost most expensive...behind hookers and blow.

rufus2008

Thanks for the compliment on my tank:) The tang is a powder brown. And yes this tank is where all my extra money goes.