Zoa releasing anf floating around

stuccoman

Why are some of my Zoa polyps releasing and floating around? Their are noticeably fewer polyps on the rock they came on. Tank parameters are good. Zoa is close to light and with good flow. The Zoa opens up, has good color and seems to be doing well.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

DaveK

What are your exact water parameters? Telling us that they "are good" doesn't help because we don't know what you tested and what the results were. What seems good to you might indicate a problem to someone else.

You might want to move the zoas away from the light. They do not require much light and often show up better under less light.

It's possible that some of you fish or other livestock is eating or bothering them Clowns often bother zoas, thinking thiat they are a nice anemone. I once had a batfish eat them cleaning off a whole rock of zoas. Yea, if you read the book, fish are not supposed to eat zoas. Crabs an such might be bothering them also.

stuccoman

What are your exact water parameters? Telling us that they "are good" doesn't help because we don't know what you tested and what the results were. What seems good to you might indicate a problem to someone else.

You might want to move the zoas away from the light. They do not require much light and often show up better under less light.

It's possible that some of you fish or other livestock is eating or bothering them Clowns often bother zoas, thinking thiat they are a nice anemone. I once had a batfish eat them cleaning off a whole rock of zoas. Yea, if you read the book, fish are not supposed to eat zoas. Crabs an such might be bothering them also.

Thank you for responding. The water parameters as of 3/16/20 and for the last two months
pH 8-8.2
Ammonia 0
No2 0
No3 0
Temp 78
Salinity 1.024
Calcium 400
KH 8
Phosphates 0
Yesterday I moved it down to less flow and light, it was up high directly under my Edge Reef LED and directly under a powerhead. Will see how it does. I do have blue legged hermits that crawl on it, it contracts, they move on and it opens up.