Zoa Hitchhiker

Zegg

Believ the is a bad one just not sure how bad.... found 1 about a month ago and another yesterday. Seems to atleast irrtate my Zoas until I remove it.
Wanted to know what they were?

IMG_1300-1.jpg

The Zoas I found him on, which were closed for a few day and this is right after removing it

IMG_1384.jpg

Stacef

Wow, an ugly little guy! I will go check my hitchhikers references and see what I can find for you.

MUCHO REEF

That is an adult zoanthid eating nudibranch with its rear end tucked under its body. If you found one a month ago and with their short incubation period, you surely have many more juvis and adults. Check out the link below as it has worked for me and countless others. Increase your dosage of FWE to 6 or 7 drops in your dip and you'll be fine. There's a part 2 to this thread that you should read as well.

Reef Central Online Community - Zoo Dip

Reef Central Online Community - Nudibranch Eating Wrasses

Good luck my friend.

Mucho Reef

Stacef

Are those it's legs on the side? Or "decoration" (for lack of better words)

Does it slide along like a slug? Anything you can tell us about it would be very helpful! Thanks!!

Zegg

Thy looked like legs in person, and would kinda move like legs, but it was so small when it was moving moved very smoothly. Almost snail like. Hard to explain i guess..... Either way bad enough for them to be in QT at this time.

Zegg

After comparing both the links you guys provided its definantly a nudi. That pic i got was after it sitting on a plate for 8 hours with RO water.... all the handleing kinda messed the critter up some.

Thank you for the help.