zoa bugs

Luukosian

checked out my tank a couple hours after lights out today and there were little yellowish bugs(too small for pics probably....i'll get the camera out if I have to) all over my zoas and my paly....nothing on any of the other corals that I could see....is this something I should be worried about. They don't look like the pods i've seen before these are roundish and probably the size of a pinhead.

both zoo colonies I have had about 50 on them the paly colony had like 5.....is this some kind of zoo predator? just worried because they are not on any of the other polyps.

SeaMunky

Hmm..doesnt sound promising, there are a few people in here that are great with those kinda things..I'm sure they will chime in soon and point you in the right direction :)
All the best..

tidalzone

RS Sponsor
I would dip them to be safe if there tiny slug like critters there bad and they do move fast I would dip in TMPCC or do a 2-3 min freshwater dip in filtered freshwater.

Luukosian

you think I could just blast them off with a baster then diatom filter them out? Id like to avoid taking the rock they are on out if at all possible...anyone able to tell me what species this is possibly? zoo's dont seem to be losing tissue or anything just got me worried.......would pic help? macro mode on my camera doesn't seem to be working the greatest but I could try....

they aren't the nudi's im pretty sure....they are just like little spherical dots that move.......

Luukosian

I'll have to ask the bugs on my zoo's if they want football tickets and maybe they'll go away lol

cbrownfish

These don't sound familiar to me but it could be a pest I haven't heard of. Are they "just there" or are they upsetting the zoas in some way? Could they be tiny snails?

Luukosian

I dont think they are snails because they seem to move pretty fast but...the zoos close up when they are on them but its night time so I think they are ussually closed anyways.

tidalzone

RS Sponsor
hitting them with a baster I doubt will remove them you might try a pipe fish or some type of Dragonet goby they like small crustaceans and pod's also your smaller wrasses will feast too .

Luukosian

I have a wasp fish(some call them dusky panther gobys) that constantly cruises for pods and various things but I think they are too small for him or something cause he doesnt have an interest in them.....guess I'll just have to keep an eye on them make sure they're not being a problem...maybe they're just cleaning off the zoos lol

had a sixline wrasse but he must have thought he could find some pods on my carpet.