Zippy Plate Coral?

Haaileybop

So I just got this new plate/fungia coral on Friday night, and I really like it! However, the next day it was like smooshed against the glass. I just figured it was it inflating after me transporting it and putting it into its new home. So I moved it away from the glass, about 3 hours later it was right back from where I moved it from. Now its chilling on top of an extra/empty shell I have in the tank for the hermits. Is this normal? Will it just wander my tank?

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
It'll move for awhile. But it will Find a home. My Aussie pink moved for a week or so n hasnt moved since. Do watch the color tho that will give u n understanding of how its feeling. The tentacles r out still right?

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I've found that if corals are moving, it is for a reason and that reason usually has to do with its happiness so I would let it do what it needs unless you see it walking into an ambush!!!

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
I've found that if corals are moving, it is for a reason and that reason usually has to do with its happiness so I would let it do what it needs unless you see it walking into an ambush!!!

Perfectly stated.

Matts DROIDX via Tapatalk

Haaileybop

Hehe I will watch out for that sneaky ambush!

The color and tentacles look great. And I spot fed it today, which it seemed to love. I was just worried about the moving... I didnt know corals of any kind could move! I guess you learn something new everyday! :D