Zebrasoma and Ctenochaetus together?

ALreefer

I currently have a Kole Tang on hold at my LFS (so I can monitor it for a few weeks) and plan on bringing it home soon if everything works out. I also really like Scopas and Sailfin tangs as well. Will these two species coexist in a 90 gallon tank happily? I plan on getting the kole tang first because it is a little harder to come by than the scopas. One other thing I am unsure about is my foxface. It is the biggest fish in the tank at the moment, and is very docile, for the time being. Tank mates are:

1 foxface rabbitfish
2 false clowns
1 bangai cardinal
1 diamond goby
1 yellow watchman goby (maybe? still in hiding or maybe worse :( )

Thanks all.

TylerHaworth

One or the other, not both in a 90. Rabbitfish and Tangs arent guaranteed to get along either... Definitely just one tang... Not to mention the bioload of those three large fish would be tough to manage efficiently

xspeedrj

Add them at once to avoid aggression issues.

All of those are not semi-aggressive like Yellow Tangs.....so I think you should be ok. One tang is not always correct. It is the manner of addition and their base nature that need to be taken into consideration (like Hippos and Yellows).

ALreefer

Wow I did not realize Sailfins got that big. I was kind of leaning toward Scopas anyways, but I think I will just stick with the Kole Tang for now. Thanks for the advise.

I have a yellow tang and it killed a Maldive kole tang in one night. He also killed two powder blues and another two lyretail anthias.