ZaNe's 110G

ZaNe

Hi,

I began my project a week ago. When to buy everything. My list so far :
RC-502 External Skimmer, 2 pumps
2 Koralia 3 that I'm changing to 4 because for the price diff. I rather take the 4 instead of buying two 2
OceanRunner 3500
AquaController Jr.
66G Sump

My uncle is giving me his old light which are 4x54w t5HO and his old skimmer and filter so I can setup a quarantine tank.

So far, I builted my frame on the weekend.

Structure001.jpg

Structure002.jpg

Structure003.jpg

I still haven't built my canopy since I not sure if I want a close top or an open one.

I'm wanting to finish it until I built all the extra and look how thing will work, valve, sump acces etc etc. Probably this weekend I will begin.

On tuesday, I built a led fixture compose of 14 blues leds and 8 reds light on separated circuit so I can choose either to go with blue or red or both which give a nice purple.

MoonLight14ledsBleu8rouges005.jpg

MoonLight14ledsBleu8rouges003.jpg

MoonLight14ledsBleu8rouges004.jpg

Red doesn't show well since my camera is using a red led to get rid of red eyes, but the effect is nice.

And the mix of the two colors.

MoonLight14ledsBleu8rouges002.jpg

Tonight I builted a small holder for my controller, still waiting for the plaster to set and will prep it.

I will update has soon has another thing get done :wave:

ZaNe

Hi,

The stand is practically finish, I'm on the last plaster and then will paint hopefelly this week end or next week. I will take some pictures when plaster will be all smooth out :p.

I started my QT last sunday running for 1 week and a half.

Now my main question is. I want these 5 fish :
1 and 2 : Clarkii or Marron (Pair)
3 : Dogface Puffer
4 : HumuHumu Trigger
5 : Goldrim Tang

I was thinking introducing the Clownfish one by one first after Quarantine but I'm in not sure about an order for 3,4,5.

Also, what can I have for cleaning crew with this list ? Can I had sandsifting sea star or they will get eat when they will come up? Basically, what can I had to keep everything clean ??

Also, I know they are not reef safe at all. But any of you add any experience with eaither soft,lps,anemone, that worked ?

cbrownfish

Mmmmmm......Clowns are probably a bad idea, as they would be dinner for the puffer. If you are set on the puffer, then you need to think about: triggers, other puffer fish species, large wrasses, large angelfish and some tang species. Aside from that, your cleaners and corals will be potential meals as well.

ZaNe

I don't have pictures yet because I'm still working on the little details :p I should take some today.

I may try to do put some coral with the trigger, not sure yet about this. I will keep you guy update :)

morau89

if the clowns are big enough the puffer will not touch them. Also if you have any fish that is significantly smaller you MUST make sure that the puffer is getting enough to eat. If you want to put corals in the same tank as the puffer the same thing goes with feeding. You have to pretty much overfeed the puffer because first he will go for the small inverts, then small fish, then to your corals if he gets hungry enough. That is why they are not considered reef safe. I kept a porc puffer in my tank for a couple of weeks with corals and he did not touch them because i overfed him. He did however eat two of my damsels.

ZaNe

So here a little update. I'm almost done with the sanding.

Did a leak test, nothing major. My bulkhead was leaking a little bit and the exit at my cross.

PresqueFini001.jpg

P.S. Thanks for the tip. I may try a trigger with SPS since they seems to be "easier" than puffer in a reef. Because I really want Monti but I'm not sure yet if I like more the puffer or Monti. .... REally hard to choose lol