Zack33's 75 gallon reef & 20 gallon long invert tank

Zack33

Hey guys so i thought seeing as i'm new here i would show some pics of my tanks to see what you all think. I am showing you some pics from back in June of 2008 right now because i haven't had the time or the camera to take nice new updated pictures. For tonight i only could find pics of the 75 so here they are....

I seem to have all the photos to large to upload to this website, does anyone have any ideas on what i could do to get the pictures up?
Thanks
Zack
P.S. I promise to have pics up soon

yungreefer2410

i use photobucket. its really easy. make a free account go to your account homepage then it'll have a little oicture loading box. after you upload the images copy/paste the img code into your post

Zack33

alright thanks for the ideas

Here are the pics now:)

picsforRC002.jpg

75gallonreeftankthenandnow044.jpg

75gallonreeftankthenandnow043.jpg

75gallonreeftankthenandnow042.jpg

75gallonreeftankthenandnow040.jpg

75gallonreeftankthenandnow037.jpg

75gallonreeftankthenandnow036.jpg

75gallonreeftankthenandnow031.jpg

75gallonreeftankthenandnow030.jpg

75gallonreeftankthenandnow025.jpg

75gallonreeftankthenandnow046.jpg

Thanks for looking
Zack

All were from the 75 gallon reef

ZAPCOnj

Welcome to the forum! You'll find that most of the people around this forum are packed full of info and are very willing to share their advice and experiences with you.

photo tip of the day: when trying to take close ups of your corals make sure your camera is set on the macro setting (the setting that looks like a flower) and if you cant get it to focus take a step back or zoom out a bit.

enjoy your stay here on the forum!

Zack33

thanks for the photo tip, i've never really been able to take photos all that well, i will try to take some more tomorrow or monday:)

yungreefer2410

a tripod helps alot. i need one of those for my pics. you'll need more rock in the 75g. most ppl shoot for 1-2 lbs per g. nice looking tanks

Zack33

thanks i actually have about 100 pounds in the tank and sump combined, i found it better to have less rock in the display and more in the sump so i could buy full colonies of corals to start out awhile ago. BY doing this it increases the rock and allows much more room for growth over time.

Zack

Zack33

You are absolutly right. I will see what i can do about adding some rock, the fish currently seem to hide in and about the rocks very well, the rock is very porus and has many caves built right into them, the only fish that has some problems hiding is the tang but he makes great use of the corals and some of the caves i've made are even big enough for him to hide in they all seem to be okay, but i will try to make another cave or something for him to hide behind.

Zack