Your Hook Ups

Basile

Funny and maybe naïve of me to think everybodies plumbming is the same, DA!

So describe yours from your overflow to your return.
Here's mine.

Coast to coast overflow-2 lines into a sock-sump with rocks-baffles- return pump 3 way split- to the recirculating skimmer emptying in the sock again-to the phosban and carbon reactor emptying into the sump again-to fuge-to main Display tank by gravity( fuge on a shelf higher).

2 overflow lines and skimmer return in the sock .

Photo738.jpg

Your turn.

lcstorc

I don't have enough time right now to try to explain mine, but I would be very worried with everything going through the sock. If the sock gets dirty or clogged you are going to have one big mess on your hands.

Basile

I don't have enough time right now to try to explain mine, but I would be very worried with everything going through the sock. If the sock gets dirty or clogged you are going to have one big mess on your hands.

I'll use the sock only when i'm home, and clean it every couple of days. When i'm gone its going to go to the skimmer directly. Thats the plan for now.

Nuno

Mine starts off with a Iks 12500L/h external return pump running a closed loop 4 way split, 3 to main diplay tank and 1 to fuge, one outlet of the aquarium gravity feeds first skimmer then passes through the second skimmer also by gravity and the third skimmer also by gravity and back to the begining of the sump. Carbon and phosphate reactors gravity feed of the fuge, the rest of water from fuge to the begining of sump.

Top up system, resavor gravety feeds Kalk reactor than gravity feeds directly into first skimmer during the night.

Next........