your first fish

Tarasco

My very first fish were a couple of goldfish that I won at a fair. Those guys lasted forever!

My first saltwater fish were a pair of tank raised black and white percs. Still have them! They're great!

SeaShel

My first "fish" were three green Chromis' that I still have. The first "real" fish I got was a scooter blenny that is still entertaining me over a year later.

Gumby

blue damsel
humu trigger
niger trigger
flame angle

(the LFS said I would need this many to cycle my 75g - 10 years ago) They all made it until I sold them all and went tankless for a year.

Now I know.

Man I made alot of mistakes back then(I still do, but they are fewer and farther in between).

Hooked

First sw fish was a Midas Blenny. Great fish with lots of personality named Skip. He died suddenly after about a year of an unknown cause :blueoh:

I started with a yellow tang, Maroon clown, seabe or clarki clown and a domino damsel. These fish were given to me by a friend, thats also the storie about how i got in to salt water.

Craig Manoukian

Originally posted by David
Polka Dot Grouper. Don't ask how or why.

He is now about 2 feet long living in a shop front.

Oh yes, panther goupers and sweetlips groupers look so cute when they're little. Then they grow to 36" in length, yikes!:eek:

:) :D :cool: ;) :p :smirk:

Brucey

Boomer, Montana ..... you guys were keeping Marine's before there was life in the ocean :p :D :p
Pair of True Percs .... still got them today and still love them

David

You should see that bad boy feed.... A 5 inch pilchard and the cavitation caused by him absolutely shafting it is enough to flex 15mm hardened glass. And the guy that has him now hand feeds him! Crazy stuff.

Oh, and I'm not a big believer in skimming, but a fish like that.... Woah.

They're also known as a Barramundi Cod, which is pretty common down my neck of the woods. If you go fishing for some I'd recommend prayer and a big fishing pole, preferably 12 guage.

kennerd

I actually bought my first setup from the LFS going out of business. 12 gal that was on their countertop, and guess what it had:

cinnamon clown (still around)
yellow damsel
domino damsel

and yep:

Purple tang........

Got rid of him immediately after doing some reading.