You know you live in the country when..

ReefLady

Staff member
Our neighbors had chickens (including roosters). They were far away enough that they really would not have bothered us, except that they would come into our yard, and *cock a doodle doo* at 4:00am every day, right under our bedroom window. It only lasted a couple weeks, then I think they got rid of them.

Here's a farm *funny* -- two houses down from us is a small farm (sheep, llama, goats, horses, peacocks, donkeys). Every once in a while the sheep get loose and wander. Well yesterday, my dogs are outside (2 yellow labs). Next I know, they're barking desparately at the back porch door. The "let me in now!!!" bark. So I open the door and they are huddled against the door, shaking, with one wary eyeball watching the little sheep who have wandered into our yard. Scardy-cat mutts. LOL
The rest of the day, they would bark out the window, but as soon as I opened the door to see if they wanted to go out, they would bolt upstairs and hide. Silly dogs.

sambrinar

LMAO.. funny Teri.. I was walking our Doberman one day and she saw a cow, a ginormous cow.. OMG she was gonna take the cow DOWN.. barking, growling, absolutely carring on... She was such a sweet dog I had never seen her act like that... as we got closer, she took off running the other way.. all the way home, little nub between her legs