you dont see this everyday!

cindyp

I've seen Nudi's but never one like this. he's beautiful so I would assume he's bad??

002-25-1.jpg

013-30-1.jpg

019-19-1.jpg

GlassMunky

the things we pull out of the oceans...

I remember my old LFS telling me a horror story of when they had ordered someone something like 500LBS of LR for a new tank setup and ended up finding a 3ft sea snake in the package......they now always hold the LR in their tanks before it goes anywhere......

Sorry to get off-topic, had to share though

seafansar

Most likely it will starve in the tank. It's so small, I don't think it will "nuke" your tank if it dies (though I could be wrong).

cindyp

the flash made him look translucent I will see if I can get a no flash pic.
these are native to Florida and that where I got the rock..? so hmm what to do with him.. I hate killing things:(
think sump?

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Yeah put it in the sump, or see if someone local is willing to set up a specialty tank for it.

cindyp

Yeah put it in the sump, or see if someone local is willing to set up a specialty tank for it.

I may just keep him in this RSM 130 since I have the RSM 250 being dropped shipped in 3 days
I'll just experiment and let every wild looking critter live in peace in the 130:) good idea Eric Thanks!

IXL

cindyp

colorful nudibranch - Bing ImagesA quote from this website ....

"There are over 3,000 known species of nudibranchs, and scientist estimate that only half have been discovered so far. The creatures soft-body and short life span of 1 year make it possible for many of them to live undetected and vanish from the earth without a trace. "
:(

* it has your Nudi but no name....
what site?? they are really beautiful . I will put him back in the RSM 130 and let him live on his rock:)

im sticking with Chromodoris quadricolor aka pyjama nudibranch native to the red sea
keep in mind the only rock in this tank is from Florida.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Snelly I have seen those and the one she has doesn't even resemble those in the least except for having the shape of most nudis, also considering the rock is FL rock that is highly unlikely.

cindyp

well guys he's back in the tank so he can go back to doing what ever a Nudi does
theres lots of sponges and macro growing in there so maybe he will live:)
036-14.jpg

031-6.jpg