Yellow Tang not eating

jimeluiz

Poor thing. She looks sad - slow movement, hanging out at the bottom of the tank, sometimes hiding behind corals. I fed the tank and the Tang was not interested (although he did eat one morsel.) Then I put her favorite food in the seaweed clip. No interest.

We're worried.

It's lights out now, but any thoughts for the morning?

Thanks. :bouncebox

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Only thing that comes to mind is a bit of garlic, seems to stimulate the appetite.Good luck Steve(and the mandatory Karma of coarse)

I had somewhat the same senario, well I had the the tang for about 2 weeks healthy as can be eating and out and about all over the tank. Then about a week It was hideing all day long behind rocks even got a nasty Infection above Its head, when I finally got a good look more problems arose bite marks In the fins and skin color was getting worse. To make long story short I found the problem It was a file fish I put In the tank a week befor all the problems came about. I caught It right In the act! chasing and nipping away at the tang, right then I did everything In my power to get the file fish out. Got It out that day and about 2 days later my tang was out and about all day long eating everything I feed It. Skin condition Is back to normal nice bright yellow and Is happy again. Hope any of this helps, good luck.

jimeluiz

Thanks.

Garlic in the food (which he is not eating) or the water column? I guess that's the same thing... if it is in the food it will be in the water soon enough! LOL

No changes to the critter population recently. The fish have all been together for about 4 years now. I'll keep an eye out for signs of abuse.

Fingers crossed.

jimeluiz

Today she is eating a little, but definitely not as usual. Feeding favorites -- spiked with garlic.

Still worried - but hopeful.

Thanks all.

jimeluiz

The worst has happened. :cry1: I fed the tank and the tang ate one morsel and then just floated around while everything else feasted. About two hours later she was dead.:tears: :tears:

We've been at this hobby for four years and have never lost a fish - until now. Man, it's a crappy feeling. :(

Neil - We have been trying to keep our move secret from the critters, but it seems the rumor mill has caught up with us. (And I may have a buyer for the whole setup.)

Sad times. Sigh.

lcstorc

I am so sorry to hear of your loss but how amazing that it is your first. Please let me in on your secret.
Cool that you think you have a buyer for the whole thing. That would be awesome.