yellow polyps

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I think they are pretty! And I think they spread really FAST.
I haven't put any in my tank mostly because at 1st, I thought they look too much like aptasia :yup:
How BIG is your tank? You may need to take that into consideration...do you have enough room for a fast spreader and all the other corals you want to keep?

blackbeltmom

PREMIUM
I guess I don't see that they look like Aptasia. I have had white and of brown Aptasia, never yellow. I think the polyps have a much prettier skirt on them.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
The only Yellow Polyps I've seen are more of a Golden Yellow, at least the kind I think is being talked about.
Right ??

blackbeltmom

PREMIUM
Back of my nano...

8c7498c312a2e3fa97acf5f0be8bbaf4_zps91f62f41.jpg

Back of my RSM250....

47f9a6a67f06ddbe3b84bee3c2bfbd2f_zpscd547867.jpg

I like how you started to cover the back walls. My goal in my mantis tank is to cover the back glass. Currently have pulsing Xenia glued on and in the future gonna add some Yellow polyps and some mushrooms out of my reef. Anything else besides GSP that would also work. ? Sorry about hijacking your thread

blackbeltmom

PREMIUM
I like how you started to cover the back walls. My goal in my mantis tank is to cover the back glass. Currently have pulsing Xenia glued on and in the future gonna add some Yellow polyps and some mushrooms out of my reef. Anything else besides GSP that would also work. ? Sorry about hijacking your thread

I got the yellow started by outing the frag to a ceramic magnet and attaching it to the back wall. When I got my nano I removed the magnet with the original frag attached to the nano. What you see is where those polyps spread from the magnet to the wall. I have some pink palys growing on the wall on the other end. They actually came off a rock that was up against the wall. My pink encrusting gorgonia also went from the shelf rock to the wall. I think any Zoa that you could attach should potentially spread onto the back wall.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
This is a cool thread....I like how we discussed Yellow Polyps :)
Lzrlvr....would like to see a picture of your yellow polyps :D
I think they do look good on the back glass. :thumbup: