Yellow Clown Gobys

We just put some yellow clown gobys, very small about 3/4 of a inch in the 20 gallon. Water still test no nitrites, nitrates or ammonia. Salinty is a little low at 1.21. They have been in there since Friday night.

Here is the trouble. One has lost most of its color. It is almost white. The other looks ok but seems to be losing some color. I am kinda worried about these guys. I am very tempted to put them in the 55 gallon. I know fish like it, the clowns are thriving in there.

What do you experts think?

Last edited:

ReefLady

Staff member
Hmm tough one. How many did you put in there, and what other fish are in the tank?

The color change is a stress response. Could just be adjusting to new conditions. Are they eating?

Maxx

Hmmm......whats the PH of the 20 gallon? How long has it been set up? You could put the gobies in the 55 w/o causing too much trouble w/ bioload adjustment, but I'd rather figure out whats causing the problem w/ the 20.
Nick

Well, after chatting with Cougra and Montana we decided to take down the 20. I pulled the live rock out and put it in the 55 aclimated the gobys and put them in. They already look much better. Swimming around with the percs, and digging in the sand. They both had almost turned white. They have already regained most of their color.

As far as the 20 it had gravel in it. I know what everyone here had said but she wanted to try it. We tried it, it didn't work.

On a side note. What would be the opinion of running 2 Sea Clones on one 55? Over kill? We had/have one on the 55 and one off the 20. I hate to see it just sit there doing nothing.

Curtswearing

Glad to hear everything is better.

Sure, why not run 2 skimmers. It's extra water circulation and it isn't going to cost you a thing.