YAY!! RBTA split last night!

Ratpack

Sorry to sound excited, but I have had this anemone for almost a year and all I read was people talking about how often theirs split, but yet mine had not. Well last night it did, so I take that as a good sign that the tank conditions are favorable (I still test everything though). I noticed it this morning as I was leaving for work, so I switched off the MP40 just in case it decided to travel. I hope things will be fine with just the return flow, which is still pretty good. I will try to get photos later today when the lights come on.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Congrats on the split (I guess :LOL: )
I'd be thinking what's worse than having an anemone would be having TWO anemones :D
I think they are pretty but dangerous, Pretty Dangerous is more like it maybe. :yup:
Don't leave the MP40 off too long....everybody needs the reef flow :thumbup:

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Oh, if you have any of the sponge sleeve filters for your MP40....might dig it out & use it.
I have some for my MP10 so I guess they come with the mp40 too?
They get dirty fast so I don't use them very often.

Ratpack

Congrats on the split (I guess :LOL: )
I'd be thinking what's worse than having an anemone would be having TWO anemones :D
I think they are pretty but dangerous, Pretty Dangerous is more like it maybe. :yup:
Don't leave the MP40 off too long....everybody needs the reef flow :thumbup:

Yeah, I won't leave it off long, just today while at work. Once I am home and can keep an eye on it, it will be running. As far as having two, I am thinking financially in hopes I can sell one to help fund my addiction. ;)

jsgarrido

that sounds great i had my anemone split in about 1 month of having him :invisible and also the anemone mite move due to the flow being off so just be carefull. was your anemone directly on the flow of the MP40 or the return ?

Ratpack

that sounds great i had my anemone split in about 1 month of having him :invisible and also the anemone mite move due to the flow being off so just be carefull. was your anemone directly on the flow of the MP40 or the return ?
It is actually on the sand bed attached to a rock. Now one is on one side and one on the other. Both return and MP40 are higher.

Akshay

Its a good thing you turned em off. Takes time for new anemones to take hold, usually a couple of hours. So should be fine now to turn them back on.
Also BTAs are very easy to split, just cut em through the centre and you will have two in a few hours. Takes about a week or so to heal completely.

Ratpack

Any danger in them hurting each other? It has been about a week and a half and they are still side by side on the same rock.

David Shaw

I had one RBTA and it split about 18 months ago, and both live on the same rock side by side with no problem. I noticed last night one has split again, so now i have 3 living on the same rock. They all seem happy enough. I found they seem to split when they are fed more.