Xp3 Help

Jason25

My god I hope someone can help me. My XP3 filter is putting out a million micro bubbles into my tank, it's so bad it looks like snow in my tank. I check for air being sucked in on the intake side and made sure there was no air in the canister but I am lost now. It is making my tank look terrible anyone have an XP3 that might be able too help me? I have also tried their website for trouble shooting but no luck yet.

Jason25

Thanks JFK but I already checked all that and they are fine, the filter is not even 6 months old either.

Frankie

RS STAFF
After looking at this picture I think you are pulling in air somewhere. It must be a seal or something. I recomend pulling it completely apart and inspecting each part until you fine the faulty part. Most likely a gasket. If a gasket is not installed properly or even has a slight fold in it it will either leak or pull air in.

Attachments

• XP3-drawing.gif
    XP3-drawing.gif
    27.2 KB · Views: 10

Jason25

After a whole lot of cursing I notice that my autlet tube was not submerged in my tank fully because I hadn't topped off in 2 days, so I topped off and the microbubbles are barely visible. Go figure how I am sucking air through the outlet tubes but that seemed to be the case.

Raf

the valve, if you are using it on the spray bar/outlet tube has a button on top, if it come of you are left with a hole where air can get sucked in....