XM 15K bulbs..

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
If the PAR is anywhere between the 10k and the 20k, I'll be thrilled.. LOL~

I'll post comparison shots with the current 10k bulbs; Both bulbs side by side. :)

ScottT1980

I tried to contact XM regarding the PAR values and they did not "offer" any to me. In other words, they stated that the data was not avialable on their website, dodging the question perhaps.

I would say that the PAR is probably closer to the 20K end than the 10K, but that is just my suspicion and is based solely on visual appearance and heat production (which means very little)...

Take er easy
Scott T.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Dunno..but I'd be willing to send one of my bulbs to be tested before I use it ;)

ScottT1980

FYI...

I think Reefscience.com is offering the bulbs for a better price than hellolights. Would be even cheaper for you Doni since you could pick them up and not worry about shipping. Of course, that is if you can resist everything else Chad has to offer...

Take er easy
Scott T.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
LOL... I JUST got chad's email :( Too late.. I already ordered them from hellio.... It's YOUR fault Scott! You should have told me sooner! :D

Woodstock

RS STAFF
7 month old XM 10k 250 SE
XM_10k_resized_.jpg

Brand new XM 15k 250 SE
XM_15k_resized_.jpg

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Wow the difference is considerable almost like a 20k :bugout:
Which one do you prefer Doni ?
BTW thanx for sharing :)

Woodstock

RS STAFF
The pics really don't do the 15ks justice.. my camera distorts the colors a bit but I definately prefer the 15ks. The reds/greens/oranges/blues really floresce nicely. I will post another pic once they burn in... 2-3 weeks from now.

TDEVIL

very nice :)
thatnks for the heads up
might have to get the 400's

and now that you have the blue'r bulbs you are going to have to reset the white balence on your cam if it will let you :)

Jay