xenia coral purchase...

Its more than likely pink pulsing Xenia as its been mistaken for blue many many times depending on the light its under. Either way its cool and interesting to watch pulse. Its too bad I cannot get some to you, I have so much of the stuff I am scraping it off the glass and throwing it into my 5g in the basement sump room.

BEELZEBOB

ok, because ive inly seen blue xenia once. next time i see it ill buy it no matter the cost.
XeniaHet.jpg

kyrie_eleison

Has been struck by the ban stick
Its more than likely pink pulsing Xenia as its been mistaken for blue many many times depending on the light its under. Either way its cool and interesting to watch pulse. Its too bad I cannot get some to you, I have so much of the stuff I am scraping it off the glass and throwing it into my 5g in the basement sump room.

sesalt,

It's weird. I've been reading online that all xenias pulse however, at times, some will start pulsing and never stop. Whereas, some will pulse and stop for a time and start up peridocally. Then there are those that pulse in the beginning and stop pulsing forever and then there are those that never pulse. I don't get it. That is a strange soft coral.

InLimbo87

I'd have to agree with Bob on this one. That is a fairly reasonable price if it was a frag of true blue xenia. I have a lfs near me that has a waiting list for the stuff, and when she gets it in I believe she sells it for $45 for frags that are about an inch.

kyrie_eleison

Has been struck by the ban stick
I'd have to agree with Bob on this one. That is a fairly reasonable price if it was a frag of true blue xenia. I have a lfs near me that has a waiting list for the stuff, and when she gets it in I believe she sells it for $45 for frags that are about an inch.

I'm not paying that much. That doesn't encourage people to want to stay in the hobby for prices like that. $30 is expensive; $45 is a rip off. Besides, all I do when my corals outgrow the tank is frag them off and give them away to friends and family that collect them.

BEELZEBOB

do some research.

im sure youll find that what you saw probably isn't worth those prices.

but the real mccoy is some fancy stuff. 45 bucks for a frag of rare stuff aint bad. especially if it looks great.

$400-$600 a polyp for aussie acans or EOPE might be a lil high. but if you can find people that will buy it, by all means, sell it.