Xeina/percula

hi there im nate, i was wondering about xeinas are these good substitues for anemones i hear they are a pretty hardy coral even though my parameters are pretty good and i have enough experiance i fear it will die i have not kept many corals before will my true percs host an xeina

thanks!!!

Reefstick

My Perc loves a bubble coral, He feeds it once in a while so I don't have to.
Nice of him isn't it?:bouncer:

Melanie

I don't think you can kill xenia if you try. It's very hardy and grows like a weed. From what I've heard, clowns choose what they want to host, if anything. Mine ignores every bit of coral or shrooms in my tank.

Reefstick

I don't think you can kill xenia if you try. It's very hardy and grows like a weed. From what I've heard, clowns choose what they want to host, if anything. Mine ignores every bit of coral or shrooms in my tank.

He is defective then. You need to take him back to the LFS and get a new one. LOL!! just kidding.

The first clown I put in my tank had no clue how to host anything. He would just swim around the top of the tank. Then one day he became a snack for the cat.

The clown I bought was a maroon and will attack you if you get near his bubble.

dobejazz

Here are a couple pics

9836July_07_tanks_234-med.jpg

9836July_07_tanks_232-med.jpg

gettanked

Here are some pics I pulled from my archived pictures.

Both pics are 2 different 180 gallon tanks.

Xenia love high levels of Iodide and ph of 8.4.

gettanked / Garry

Attachments

• Forum.Pic.DCP_0011_0005.jpg
    Forum.Pic.DCP_0011_0005.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Web.Pic.entire pic number 3 tank.jpg
    Web.Pic.entire pic number 3 tank.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 23

Techno-Vicki

My maroon clowns have hosted in xenia before, but my black percs seem to go for the candy cane more than anything else.