www.redseamax.com

steveh

The new look www.redseamax.com is now finished and you should find all sorts of cool info and images on there. Check out the new M250, 130D and the upgrades available for the M130.
All the best

DaveK

I tried the site, and didn't see any problems using Firefox. I am using a Linux based system though.

I suspect you might have some Firefox plugin running that prevent some of the site from working.

Although, I got to admit that I'm not a big RedSea fan, so I sort of wonder why anyone would want to visit the sight in the first place. (Grin - Just teasing)

redseareef

RS Sponsor
I got on.........................and it pretty much looked the same!!!! What I want to know is this: When we order new bulbs, will we get the new bulbs? Or the old bulbs like RedSea did to us with the stands on teh 130D models?????LOL

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
The same cabinet is now promoted on the site for both the 130 and 130D models. However, if you look at the 130D pictures, it shows what was supposed to be the new cabinet. IMO the previous cabinet is better - based on the picture of the 130D tank, and considering the tank dimensions are the same, the "new" cabinet appears to be smaller - the cabinet itself is smaller than the cabinet top. Myself, I'd prefer the little bit of extra space in the older cabinet.

I think the Maxcessories page may be new:

Maxcessories

Now if only the surface skimmer for the 130 would be released......

redseareef

RS Sponsor
RM,
No two ways about it, they DID NOT include the new style cabinet that they said and showed came with the 130D model.
Personally, I liked the looks of the new style cabinet better! We are getting their backed up inventory that they know they will have to sit on a while to sell. Now that the 130D is out.
Don't get me wrong, I love the tank. The stand is nice for sure. However,technically, that's false advertising.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
redseareef - I'll have to agree on the false advertising. I'd be upset too if I was expecting, and preferred, the cabinet shown with the tank!

Last edited:

mzreenie

I agree that the "new" stand has a nicer look, but in my opinion, with SW always being dripped/spilled down the front, I believe that the old cabinet is probably much easier to clean. I am glad that I received the old instead of the new for that reason. The new one does have a better look, but would not be as easy to wipe down.

Good question about the bulbs though. One of my is burnt out, or loose, or something because only one is working today. I will have to remove the plastic screws, take out the clear shield, and check it out. Waiting for hubby to help, because I always break stuff. I am already worried that I would drop half of the plastic screws into the tank, lol.

redseareef

RS Sponsor
Well, I want to be sure we are getting the newer higher par bulbs. Israel is our friend and I am part Jewish!!!!! So c'mon RedSea!!!!!
Thanks

steveh

We tried to make it clear to our distributors that for the time being we will not have the newer style of cabinet available. It was originally out intention to launch it with the 130D but we are still working on ensuring the trim is manufactured consistently every time. With regards to the lamps, every M130D is supplied with the new higher output 55w PC lamps.

redseareef

RS Sponsor
Hi Steve,
Thanks, well that cleared up some of it. However, the product should have never been launched without the stand being ready. It is a all in one unit. I could see why the distributors would not want to say anything. They want to sell them.
On the newer bulbs Steve, we where referring to replacement bulbs for the 130D tanks.
I personally would like to have a few extras on hand right now. As you never know when one will fail. Usually at the worst possible time.
Same thing with the system pump and the new skimmer 130D skimmer pump. When will these be available for sale?
Having back ups would be nice!
Thanks Steve