Wrong sand used in RSM 130D -Help

audemars

So i thought the white sugar sand looked great and I was right, it does.
What dose not look great is my sand storms that get kicked up in my tank with the addition of an MP-10.
The tank is only a month old. What do i do? Add bigger sand on top? pull it all out by removing all the LR and CUC? (that would suck)

any thoughts?

Poriferan

I have sugar sand also and use reef crest on my MP-10. Let it run a day and the sand will shift a bit, like the desert :eek:lsmile: Then it will settle out. I do still get a bit of a stir up when I do water changes. Seems that if I put it on feed mode during the water changes and turn off the tank pumps all is good. Just add the new water slowly so as to not disrupt the bottom too much.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
There is a standby mode on the Vortech. To put it into standby, hold down Mode + Set at the same time. Lights will start flashing red/blue/white. At that point, it is in standby, and the impeller is stopped. To get it back to normal, press and hold down Mode until it flashes red/purple (depending on mode) and then press & hold Mode one more time till it changes back to the color of your setting, and you are back to normal. It won't erase your nightime setting, and Vortech has confirmed that it doesn't hurt the unit doing this.

audemars

Sweet thanx guys. Nice to know that the sand storm will chill. This place has been a HUGE help. I can only hope that I can help others once I have learned the ropes myself.

Nowellsy SNR

If it keeps blowing your sand you can allways add new sand on top just be sure to clean and rinse befor adding

Hope it settles down i know its one of the most annoying things!