Wresse fiah

MaryAnn

I have a wresse and he has a small whole in his side he was fine last night and he is still eatting good and comes out when I walk up to the tank i don't have any mean fish so i don't know what could have happened to him...
1dbc7507460e02ae47bb76f1f0528768.jpg
07641b031566465d74e0e1d80f1b3975.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

MaryAnn

This wresse acts like half of is body is parilised any idia what could be wrong with him?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

StevesLEDs

RS Sponsor
Wrasses are known to lay down, and many regularly bury themselves in the sand. It is usually just and indicator that they are stressed out for some reason or another. Usually if they have a proper hiding spot in the rocks, it will cheer them right up. If you have plenty of hiding spots for him and he doesn't use them, it usually means he doesn't like them - so it's time to add a new rock, or reorganize your current rocks with an ephasis on creating a proper cave area where he can get away from your angel (can't tell if it is a rusty or coral beauty).

Jeff

MaryAnn

It has plenty of hiding places and sand he just can't swim and when he does it is straight up and down and half of his body don't move ..the angle checks on him she never fights with him

StevesLEDs

RS Sponsor
Well that is certainly good news. I wish I had a solution for you, but sounds like you might just have to wait it out.

-Jeff

fidojoe

Fish Addict
Do you ever hear any unexplained popping noises coming from your tank? It could be a mantis or pistol shrimp hiding in the rock structure, and your wrasse was unlucky enough to try and hide near the shrimp's home. That's only one of numerous hypotheses that could explain a hole in its side, and swimming funny.

As already stated, it is a good sign that it's still eating. Unfortunately, this may be one of those situations that you may have to wait out and hope for the best.

StevesLEDs

RS Sponsor
That pistol shrimp could be the culprit. In my experience, it seems like the click only stuns fish for several seconds, and I've never had a fish get permanently injured from it. Still possible....

Jeff

MaryAnn

I don't have any shrimp in my tank I think my sailfin tang is the reason he chases h I m around so I took the tang out and put him in another tank