Wp25 or wp40

DaveK

What kind of system do you plan to run in the Fluval Roma 240?

In checking it's specs, I don't think it would be a good choice for a SW system due to it's built in canister filter and very limited lighting.

As for the wave maker, I'd recommend using two of them for better random flow. A pair of WP25's would work fine here.

Pat24601

Do you mean the jebao?

I did the wp-25 for my 250 ltr. I loved it.

But, are you aware they have a new model? I love the old ones, but the new ones I love a lot more. :)

Take a look at the RW-8. I think that's what you would want.

Last edited:

Pat24601

What the difference between the wp and RW?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The RW is the newer model. It's designed to be a more like a vortech. Wider flow, more control (more options on controller such as more speeds), better pumps.

BTW, this is weird, I keep putting an Amazon link in here and it looks right in my edit screen and the comes out an eBay link when I save.

Anyway, if you to go to Amazon and search for Jebao RW-8 lots of good reviews.

Last edited:

StirCrayzy

I agree with Dave and Pat .!
A pair of WP25's, is going to be better than a single wp 40. Pair of 40's may be too much, and they are large pumps, the 25's are much less intrusive and have tons of flow.
To Pats point, I just switched from a pair of WP, to a pair of RW series, and I really like the RWs better.
They don't pivot, ball style like the WPs, but are sufficient. Better flow style and control with RW also.
I'm not sure how longevity will compare, they are still new to the market, and they are cheap. I wouldn't expect either to last a lifetime.

Edit,
my RWs I bought on Amazon were listed under "Jecod" brand.

Pat24601

I agree with Dave and Pat .!
A pair of WP25's, is going to be better than a single wp 40. Pair of 40's may be too much, and they are large pumps, the 25's are much less intrusive and have tons of flow.
To Pats point, I just switched from a pair of WP, to a pair of RW series, and I really like the RWs better.
They don't pivot, ball style like the WPs, but are sufficient. Better flow style and control with RW also.
I'm not sure how longevity will compare, they are still new to the market, and they are cheap. I wouldn't expect either to last a lifetime.

Edit,
my RWs I bought on Amazon were listed under "Jecod" brand.

Great info.

I'm actually only running 1 RW-8 on my 250ltr (65 gallon). The flow I fine and I even have it turned down pretty low. I agree the sync capabilities of having 2 seems pretty cool. Do you think two RW-8s would be too much though or would I just turn them down really low?

StirCrayzy

Two rw8 is too much .
I had two WP25s in my 65g, and had to keep them on low because they are too much.
I'm thrilled with the RW4 pair I have now because I can use the full range of flow.
A friend at work here has one ea 4 & 8 on his 65, and he can't sync them because even on half power the 8 is still too much and just overpowers the flow from the 4.

Pat24601

Two rw8 is too much .
I had two WP25s in my 65g, and had to keep them on low because they are too much.
I'm thrilled with the RW4 pair I have now because I can use the full range of flow.
A friend at work here has one ea 4 & 8 on his 65, and he can't sync them because even on half power the 8 is still too much and just overpowers the flow from the 4.

Thanks! This is a big help.