WOW - our RBTA is splitting!

jimeluiz

We're gonna be daddies! We came home from work today to see our Rose Bubble Tip Anemone 3/4 the way split. How incredible! Now that's a sight not many folks get to see.:bigbounce :turntable :clink: Gotta love the window into the world/sea the tank provides.

Weeks ago our hitchhiker white ball anemone split. Thought THAT was cool. The RBTA is on the glass providng an amazing view.

I guess we are doing OK on the healthy tank front, but is there some special attention (food?) she might want after this process concludes?

I would love to post a pic, but you won't believe this... we got a new Canon A70 camera on December 24th and it was stolen on December 27th!!:grind: :flaming: :grr:

BoomerD

Congratulations! Often, after splitting they will not eat for several days. When my green BTA split this happened. I was advised that it's a normal response to the stress of dividing, so if it happens, don't fret.

jimeluiz

Well, it/s/he/they are split. How amazing.

Hey - now what about our two clowns? With whom will their loyalties lie? :p

Montanareefer

Has been struck by the ban stick
Congrats on the RBTA splitting. I have a huge BTA and have tried everything for it to split but to no avail.:)

ReefLady

Staff member
Awesome news about the Rose, congrats! I'm officially jealous.

Sorry to hear about the camera, all I can say is someone has some very bad karma coming their way. It always makes me feel better to think about karma kicking someone square in the *** some time down the road when these things happen.

Travis

NaH2O

Contributing Member
Awesome!!! Congrats! Karma your way - It will be interesting to see which one the clowns pick...maybe they will be two-timers!

Last edited:

jimeluiz

As of this a.m. the clowns were squiggling a little here and a little there. One in one, one in the other, both here, both there. :D

It's wild to see each anemone 'reconstruct' itself, pulling back in the guts it just pulled out.

I imagine we will trade one in, but for now we are just taking it all in. My guess is we don't have TWO perfect spots in our rockwork. The original took a while to finally settle in a spot that afforded some protection, perfect light and current to its liking.

Hey - do they both 'remember' where its previous favorite spot is?

Am I anthropomorphizing too much? :dunno: