wow many of us??

Craig Manoukian

Man I just broke down my 29 gallon FOWLR into a 20 Gallon and added some polyps and xenia. The 29 gallon is being converted to a sump/refugium for my 80 gallon reef.

Honest, I'm not a traitor!:D

:) :cool: ;) :p :smirk:

fidojoe

Fish Addict
I'm gonna leave the tank as-is for now, and eventually convert it to reef, but soon (hopefully) if I can sneak a 150 into the house:D without my parents seeing:D , I'll have a FO, I like those pnther groupers...well, while I'm waiting, I'll do some research on the fish I want...and dream some more:)

Craig Manoukian

fidojoe,

Just remember that Panther and Sweet Lips Goupers can achieve a length of 30" -36" at maturity so a 150 will be too small. I've seen them in the 300 gallon tank at the LFS and it's barely big enough, too small IMO.

:) :D :cool: ;) :p :smirk:

fidojoe

Fish Addict
Originally posted by Craig Manoukian
fidojoe,

Just remember that Panther and Sweet Lips Goupers can achieve a length of 30" -36" at maturity so a 150 will be too small. I've seen them in the 300 gallon tank at the LFS and it's barely big enough, too small IMO.

:) :D :cool: ;) :p :smirk:

Ok, thanks for the info:) I don't know what I was thinking when I read (and beleived) what the info on them says on liveaquaria.com, goo thing I mentioned it tho, otherwise I woulda made a big booboo:rolleyes: I guess I'll stick with the fish that stay smaller, and I'll ask first.:D

Craig Manoukian

fidojoe,

A Miniatus Grouper will get about 18" at maturity. A 150 would be the smallest tank for it. Beautiful Orange with white spots.

marinedepotlive_1768_12060717

Guess where you can get one of these?;)

:) :D :cool: :p :smirk:

JennM

I maintain a couple of TRUE FO (no LR), a couple of FOWLR and a bunch-o-reefs. :D

Whole different dynamic with a FO than with live rock.

Jenn

Brucey

JKS1 .... Got any Pics of your Cichlid tank. I have my 180 Marine and a 120 Cichlid .... Pics in my gallery. Would love to see yours, I've always thought about turning the Cichlid tank into a huge FUGE or something but I just couldn't bring myself to lose the BIG guys, they've been with me years
Brucey

capt. insano

it's still in the works after 4 years.......planning some big changes for it over the next couple of months. More LR, take out the start white coral skeletons, see if I can grow some nice macros and sea grasses.....we'll see

Spooda420

I have a 125 Cichild tank as well with fish from all 3 lakes, Malawi, Victoria, and the one that starts with tang_______ but I cant spell it.

Just so you'll know that there is one more FOWLR out there :).......I have a 75 with a
Pink tailed trigger, Lunare Wrasse and a
Yellow striped Maroon Clown.

Ladipyg

Got a 75 gallon in the works as soon as I can find a home for 3 - 10" + oscars...One normal, one sunset and one albino...nice fish but I'm going strictly marine now...also got 3 absolutely gorgeous chocolate chiclids I have to find a home for....oh well...right now just a 75 reef and a DREAM...

Evelyn

I have a 55g FOWLR (ok, so I have three smal, soft corals as an experiment, but they don't really count. I'm not building a reef).