WOW...Its been a looong time.....

SunnyX

Its been a long time since i posted here.
Many things have changed.
Some of you may remember I had a 120gl Reef.
Well now I have a 225gl Custom Starphire tank.

Heres somes specs and pics for you guys:

225gl Starphire(60Lx36Wx24H) Reef
*Deltec AP851
*GEO Calcium Reactor
*Sequence DART
*TUNZE 6100 Stream
*SEIO 1500
*2xAquaclear 270 Powerheads
*3x250w MH ROIII+
*Pheonix 14K DE HQI
*2x110w VHO URi Super Actinic

Stats

*36.6 Total System Turnover Per hour
*4.6 Watts of light per Gallon
*45gl water change every two weeks
*10 Drops of Lugols Solution a week
*1 Inch sandbed only in front; Rocks sitting on Cuttingboard

jimeluiz

Hey SunnyX -welcome back.

Can't find pics on your post and your gallery is still from the ol' days. Can ya give it another try?

Eager to see...

mps9506

Looking great! You've been up to a lot of work.
Huge improvement over your old setup (not that the last one was bad).

ReefLady

Staff member
Very nice Sunny, and glad to see you! I think your tank grew by 100 gallons and we grew by about 1500 members. :)

T

Witfull

hey sunny, LTNS,,,,i was looking at old post and wondered what happened to ya, good to see ya.

Jiddy

Why your aqauscapin makes mine look like "i need to redo", lol. I was curious if you rock is touchin the back wall? I can get seem to get a nice incline like you with my 220, course you have an extra foot of width, but i was curious none the less!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
:hallo: SunnyX... NICE upgrade! Well done!

Jiddy, my rocks touch the back glass. I just use a powerhead to blow out any diterus that might hide back there :)

blue_eyes53813

Very Awesome tank Sunny, I have some questions for you. Quick story first. I did the same thing recently. I moved , sold my house in Jan. 2005. Broke my 125 gallon tank into 3 small tanks that have been at my moms, and 2 different friends houses ( bless all of them for putting up with me and all my critters,). I moved into my new house in April 2005. I set up a 265 gallon in the basement wall in July. Just this week I am slowly moving all my critters live rock and sand to new tank. I am soooooooooooo afraid the beneficial bacteria isnt ready. Did you add anything to the water to help in aid in making sure the water is ready?

I notice you have alot in your tank and the tank being so new. I thought about adding water from the smaller tanks, But with having the tanks in different places( friends houses) The water quality wasnt how it should of been. I didnt add any water from the other tanks. I am crossing my fingers. Dont mean to steel you thread either. Thanks :rolleyes:

Flatlander

:drooool: What a beautiful aquarium. Nice colours.Just happens to be the identical size I was looking at making. I planed on running a pair of 400w bulbs though, instead of three.

I see you went with no front access. How the problems with reach across the 3ft. span. My 24in. was bad enough, but it was 30in. deep. I see a single center overflow. Does it have one or two drains?

SunnyX

blue_eyes53813 said:
Very Awesome tank Sunny, I have some questions for you. Quick story first. I did the same thing recently. I moved , sold my house in Jan. 2005. Broke my 125 gallon tank into 3 small tanks that have been at my moms, and 2 different friends houses ( bless all of them for putting up with me and all my critters,). I moved into my new house in April 2005. I set up a 265 gallon in the basement wall in July. Just this week I am slowly moving all my critters live rock and sand to new tank. I am soooooooooooo afraid the beneficial bacteria isnt ready. Did you add anything to the water to help in aid in making sure the water is ready?

I notice you have alot in your tank and the tank being so new. I thought about adding water from the smaller tanks, But with having the tanks in different places( friends houses) The water quality wasnt how it should of been. I didnt add any water from the other tanks. I am crossing my fingers. Dont mean to steel you thread either. Thanks :rolleyes:

Well I moved almost all 120gl of water over to the new house.
I belive this helped the tank out alot.
Moving water and rock from an old tank really helps out.

SunnyX

Flatlander said:
:drooool: What a beautiful aquarium. Nice colours.Just happens to be the identical size I was looking at making. I planed on running a pair of 400w bulbs though, instead of three.

I see you went with no front access. How the problems with reach across the 3ft. span. My 24in. was bad enough, but it was 30in. deep. I see a single center overflow. Does it have one or two drains?

I tank has Two 1.5 inch drains fully open.

Yea it took some effort designing the tank from the back.

SunnyX

Jiddy said:
Why your aqauscapin makes mine look like "i need to redo", lol. I was curious if you rock is touchin the back wall? I can get seem to get a nice incline like you with my 220, course you have an extra foot of width, but i was curious none the less!

I have about 6-8" from the wall to the rocks in the back of the tank.

I am waiting for many of the corals to grow because I still have a foot of from the farthest coral. Rockwork is about 30" back, corals only about 24".

Need a year of good growth to be able to move some to the back.