Wow Hot Light Fixture

Hey all I have a Current Nova Extreme 8x54 Watt T5 fixture and man does it fun hot. It heats up my room around 10 degrees. I'm getting rid of it and am wondering what I should get that would be better and run cooler.

wow I have not heard much about led. How will it do compared to t5s in terms of par and wattage? Will it work good for soft corals?

AQTCJAK

RS Sponsor
wow I have not heard much about led. How will it do compared to t5s in terms of par and wattage? Will it work good for soft corals?

They work great with soft & hard corals. LEDs are by far the most superior light fixture that exists for Corals. They use less power than a HQI of the same wattage & deliver more light. Heat is not an issue with these lights you can touch tem & there is no heat

Whiskey

Just some guy, you know?
Your really not going to find much that won't heat up the room, my computer heats up my room too, but I just make sure to open that vent a little more.

The problem is that in the end almost all forms of energy are converted to heat, you take electral energy and make light - you get some heat directally - then when the light you create hits surfaces it heats them up turning the rest into heat.

Whiskey

CATALYST

Thats weird. Youtube video no longer available.
Selling price of $0.00? spoooky.:ponder2:

I saw them at the max show the other weekend. They are really new and just had the prototype at the show. I can see the video. What browser are you using?