Wow....check out this lily

Emg

I don't know what I'm doing right.....but this lily is looking fabulous !

DSC06985.jpg

DSC06958.jpg

It's in a 2gallon hex I have setup for my betta. I only have a little 7watt incandescent bulb over this tank so the pic is a little dark....but that plant is really that red ! That is NOT photoshoped !

DAHansen

Wait a second... is that a FRESH water tank here on REEF sanctuary??? :chainsaw:

Just kidding :dance:

I like all the fishes, even the salinity-challenged ones. And that lilly is pretty darn red. Neat!

Emg

Lol Hansen...........yeah, have you never noticed the freshwater forum here ?? :tongue:

Bob, it was labeled a halfmoon at the lfs, but really it's more like a delta tail. Anything less than a true 180 angle on the tail and it doesn't qualify as halfmoon. But, thanks ! He is a gorgeous boy ! Picked him up at PetCo of all places.

Here's a pic of another betta I had found at that same PetCo......this one was a double tail

DSC03943.jpg

I always check out the bettas when I stop in there....and if I find a nice one I usually end up taking it home. At this point I only have two bettas, the halfmoon/delta and a weirdly finned female that I bought....just because she was weirdly finned....hehe

tippMANn98

Has been struck by the ban stick
I love those twin tails....Now...you need a crowntail to complete your collection...gorgeous bettas...

Emg

LOL.....Tipp.....I"ve had them ALL ! I bred a pair of bettas once......just once......never again ! I netted over 200 fry and almost every single one of them survived !

I was soooo unprepared ! That was my introduction into fishkeeping....I learned ALOT in those 6 months of raising all those fry. Most of them were male and so needed their own little tank/cup after 3 months of age........
Of course, I have no idea what the rest of the family was doing during that time because I was in the other room changing water and feeding fry !

It was fun, but I'll never do that again ! LOL !

reefsmoker

sweet little set-up!! Are you just running an air pump under gravel filter only? Do you have the light on a timer or do you leave it on 24/7?

Emg

No, no filtration in that little tank. I do weekly 50% + water changes and have the light on only during the day.