Would this lighting work for 10g?

Doogle

Overlkill for a 10g. Look into the aquaticlife linkable t5 you could probably get away with using one fixture if you swap the bulbs with good quality bulbs from ATI,geisseman, or UVL...kz maybe . But two would be better of course but it's something you can upgrade to if you need more.

steved13

PREMIUM
If you're set on a ten gallon and, at the price range you're in, I would invest a little more and go with LED. Heat issues would be far less than anything else, plenty of light, and controllable. The AI nano is $299, $379 with their controller.

AI Nano

If you're set on a ten gallon and, at the price range you're in, I would invest a little more and go with LED. Heat issues would be far less than anything else, plenty of light, and controllable. The AI nano is $299, $379 with their controller.

AI Nano

not really interested in that led don't just really like it

Overlkill for a 10g. Look into the aquaticlife linkable t5 you could probably get away with using one fixture if you swap the bulbs with good quality bulbs from ATI,geisseman, or UVL...kz maybe . But two would be better of course but it's something you can upgrade to if you need more.

Looks nice. However the price of 3 of those is more of these and provides the same power, but then again I guess its the same power-:)... so you recommend getting two of these fixtures to start and then? here i'll pm you, your really help ful.

Doogle

The 12" width of light fixture over a 10"width of tank - the bulbs may be over the tank but the reflectors are not able to reflect the light into the aquarium. You can't get better color either because current only makes 2 bulb colors in 18" bulbs. Figure if your gonna have a fixture that hangs over the top I'd at least want it to hang the longways so I could get better bulb choices and it can be used if you upgrade to a 15g or 20high.

engineer goby

Has been struck by the ban stick
if your going to spend that much on a light fixture why not upgrade to a 20g tank or a 40b you can get either for $25 to $60

engineer goby

It wouldn't be more tanks it would be a replacement tank and the 10 would go bye bye. If your really interested in the Nova Extreme light I would look on ebay. Current USA sells all of their scratch and dent items there. You have to check often as they are not always available but when they are you can get a fixture for pennys on the dollar that may only have a few cosmetic scaratches. Usint t5's on a 10 gallon tank is also going to present you with a major evaporation issue, I would suggest you looking into an ATO.

Doogle

I have glass tops. Some tanks I have old school air pumps to help with oxygen in water. For a 10g , that your gonna put extreme lighting on I would have glass tops and air pump or ato for sure. If you have open top and you skip a day or two without adding fresh RO/DI it will raise havoc on your tanks salinity with possibly lethal consequences.

engineer goby

I would keep the top open. If you put glass over the top your going to have poor gas exchange, excessive heat build up in the aquarium and less usable light penetration.

Doogle

Open top is best, especially if you have a sump and ato. Not needed if you keep glass clean and make sure you don't have gas issues, plenty of people do it.