Would Like to Get Recommendations for a RO/DI system for Nano Reef now/larger soon

GaryMChait

Hello, We're trying to move to a RO/DI system instead of running to our Saltwater store for fresh & salt water. Currently, have a 35gl nano, 4 years established as a reef and have been pretty successful. As the hobby "grows" on you, we would like to begin setting up a larger system (wife says 75/90, I say 100/120); we haven't picked out a tank yet. That said, we want to get a RO/DI system that will be able to provide quality water and be suited for output for a larger tank. There are many systems out there and looking at the specs and warranties, there are some standouts. Low Price isn't the deciding factor but don't want to overbuy what we just don't need. Your input is sincerely appreciated.

socalzoa

Re: Would Like to Get Recommendations for a RO/DI system for Nano Reef now/larger soo

Get a spectra pure, best on the market. I have a custom brs, its ok, does its job but i know spectra pure is better

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Re: Would Like to Get Recommendations for a RO/DI system for Nano Reef now/larger soo

Spectra pure is a good name but I too have a BRS (bulk reef supply) one and I like it. I'm not sure if this is correct but 0 TDS is 0TDS, no matter the system. I have a 5 stage RO/DI with an in/out TDS meter attached and it seems to work well to me.

And, it seems like it is only a few bucks to recharge/change out the filters........changing out the membrane is more expensive but if you keep the other filters in good shape, it "protects" the membrane better and it will last longer.

engineer goby

Has been struck by the ban stick

I have a BRS 75gpd with the 150gpd upgrade tds reads 116 in 0 out so I'm guessing it does a pretty good job.

engineer goby

Triple Play

Built347

I have 5 stage BRS chloramines and i love it...