Wondering how my LTA will attach with the tank flow... Read on plz

fellers

I just purchased a fall apple sized LTA for RSM250. The tank has been up for just about 2 years is doing very well. The parameters have been staedy for months now. So I decide to add him.
Now, my flow is pretty good in the tank and I turned the vortech off for the night while I am not watching the tank. But the flow is still pretty good.
What do I do ? I placed it down by the sand. Should I just let it go wherever till it finds it place? Or wil the current catch him and continuosly circulate him?
Not to mention my mated pair of clowns don't seem to leave it alone enough to attach I think. The are just laying on it now with the lights off against the sand and a part of the rock. So what's your thoughts folks. Going to bed but I will be monitoring by my phone.
pe@ce

wm23oh

I'm confused. Is your Anemone just free moving (not attached) or is it moving attached and just not staying in 1 place?

If it is free (not attached) you will want to help it by keeping those clowns off of it until it attaches. I'm also glad your tank has been stable but what has it been stable at? Your tank must be stable around the Anemone's parameters not anything else.

LTA = Long Tip Anemone which have been known to be fish eaters. Although it is rare it's still possible.

If you want some help give us something to use to help you. beat_dead_horse

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...60096-lta-killed-mp20-vortech.html#post821506 This also could cause high Ammonia and screw up your tank.

Best wishes,

James

fellers

It is all cool. I took a tupperware container and drilled large holes in it to keep the clown out. It securely attached it's foot in the crevice of rocks and sand.
Nope, no amonia checked it and did a 50% water change anyways.