Will a BTA....

Tru2nr

ok i know BTA's are notorious for moving around and getting sucked into PH and filters but heres a question will a BTA climb on the tank walls?...im wondering because i have a powerhead that isn't close to rocks at all and i would like to remove the foam from the powerhead to keep the flow more constant...am i at risk for the bta to move on the wall?

tippMANn98

Has been struck by the ban stick
anemones in general DO WHAT THEY WANT....i had a PH shred a nice Yellow sebae w/ purple tips, and its hard to just wait and WATCH, what about at night you know?

goldenmean

Yes they will climb the walls of the tank.
I lost a Condy to suicide by powerhead.
I have seen my rock flower nem climb the back and sides of the tank.

Tru2nr

aaight good to know guess ill just have to clean the foam surround on my powerheads until i get the money for some hydro korlia's

CATALYST

I had one of mine living on the front on the glass for a few months. It hung on there during water changes and everything. Not so exciting to look at that way but...
That is the one thing I love about the aquapod is that all the the pumps and moving parts aren't in the main tank. Can you simulate something like that? Make like a slotted corner overflow type thing and run an external pump with the return going to the display. I do that with the return from my chiller.

Tru2nr

well with the way the tank is i have the powerheads pointed at each other to make it so that way the water just doesn't circulate it kinda replicates a wave motion but not so much it more creates turbulance but still. heh

Octoman

It's not just walking on the walls you have to worry about, they can detach and just float around too, then they normally get sucked right into the closest intake. I don't know that korallias are any better with nems either. I would think they can get sucked into those just as easily.

Tru2nr

i figured with the "broad" flow of the hydro's and the intake is right behind the flow guh im going to forever be in the search for an anenome safe powerhead aren't i