Wife's Sea Apple

Montanareefer

Has been struck by the ban stick
Hi Everyone!

Thought I would share my wife's sea apple in her twenty gallon mini-reef tank. It is doing just great attached to the heater and will not move anywhere else. Loves the current there as well and the PC lights. She has 2-55ww PC's one white and one blue.:)

Gina

RS STAFF
Johnny,
I have seen a few of these at the LFS but, have no idea what they do! Interesting creatures though! What is there requirements and are they easy or hard to keep?

nivek

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
I started a sea apple thread awhile back. Now if I could only find it.......lots of info there..

johnlewis

Sea Apples are not very difficult to take care of then are filter feeds, you need to worry about power heads and about them being picked on because they can expel their insides and kill everything in the tank, so they are best left alone or with very non aggressive fish. The ones from Australia are particularly colorful.

Last edited:

johnlewis

Australian, the Austrian variety are very large, mean, grabby and are potential Governors !

I've included a picture of the elusive Austrian apple.

146austrianapple-med.jpg

Last edited:

NaH2O

Contributing Member
GASP!! johnlewis - I can't believe you were able to capture a picture, and you're still here to show it!! Karma for your bravery!!! I have heard that the Austrian variety of Sea Apples are very deadly, indeed.

Tarasco

Looks just like the real thing!

I had a sea apple for a couple of weeks, before I returned it for some polyps. I couldn't handle the thought of one of my fish ticking it off enough to have it go off.