Why no...

bensonw

I also have 1 GBTA and 1 RBTA, small size. GBTA wasn't and RBTA was bubbly when I bought them. The bubbles were gone once I put them in my tank. Recently, I noticed the GBTA starts to get more bubbly and I am guessing it's started to get used to my tank/water (Bought the GBTA first). They both extend up to catch more light when I turned on my light; just too lazy to move themselves up permanently. As long as they are healthy and happy, I am cool with it.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Here is a picture of one of my RBTA in my RSM130D with stock lights (I now have 3 started with 1 as it split then one of the twins split again)

DSC00413.jpg

reefer gladness

This guy has been near the top of the tank. I just recent moved the rock to the bottom he dosent like to move around very much. My lights are the stock bulbs from the RSM I ordered new ones that will be in next week maybe that will help?

Did you move the nem from the top to the bottom of the tank? The stock lights on our 130D's are on the low side of what's considered ideal for nems so your best chance for success will be in the top half of the tank.

Here's a read regarding no bubble tips: Why no bubble tips? - karensroseanemones.net

reefer gladness

The test results you posted in another thread were high nitrites, nitrates and phosphates. 1.026 is on the high side for salinity also, 1.024 is a safe middle ground between 1.023-1.025.

Hopefully someone with more experience can confirm but I'd do a 20% water change immediately and start gradually reducing salinity.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Good call. U can accomplished it thru the water change.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Water changes r the best way to immediately drop nitrate levels. After they drop u can find out why they stay so high. Ie die off etc.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
The test results you posted in another thread were high nitrites, nitrates and phosphates. 1.026 is on the high side for salinity also, 1.024 is a safe middle ground between 1.023-1.025.

Hopefully someone with more experience can confirm but I'd do a 20% water change immediately and start gradually reducing salinity.

1.024 - 1.026 is where most keep their "Reef" tanks. some people running FO or "specialized" tanks (rotifers, grow outs etc) will run much lower but I have kept my SG around 1.026 for years now.

If you're wanting to get your NO3 down you'll need to increase your percentage of water change significantly. The % od NO3 reduction is directly proportional to WC percentage.