Why do I have to work today? (surf)

mps9506

7.jpg

Just got in from surfing for a measly hour, and I'm off to work.
Glassy, overhead conditions thanks to tropical storm alex.
Now I got to babysit my store for the next 9-10 hours missing the best waves all summer :(
The last two-three weeks have been the best summer surf in the area that I can remember.

Mike

mps9506

I left early, but by the time I got out there the surf was mushy and small. TONS of people out too. I found the only 5 shortboarders out in the water and we hung out togther trying to push the longboarders away so we wouldn't have to snake waves from them.

Maxx

Originally posted by Witfull
i feel your plight,,,i cut alot of school to go surfing in hawaii!
Wednesdays were always half days at Radford....got myself into all kinds of trouble w/ Mr Manion about missing school, for uh, various reasons..........:D
Nick

DuhJeepster

It's been a little over a week for me. Alex was still brewing off the coast and a little north of me. I caught a pretty good 6-8' ground swell, and ended with some sore muscles for a couple of days, but it's all gooooood.

Looking down south for the next TD #3, which might be a tropical storm by Saturday.

Pray for surf!!!

mps9506

Sweet, I bet you guys got some nice swell from alex. It was churned up bad here for about 3 days with huge sets, but lots of whitewater and hard paddling. Then the one day it got close it really cleaned up got glassy and big with near perfect shape.
Love when it gets huge like that because it clears the water of all the kooks and swimmers.
We had a small ground swell show up today, and again, I was working all day, by the time I got off the tide got on it and mushed it up.
I'm thinking about buying a new board for this fall season too. I got this last board planning on it being my "hurricane" board, but I found out the tough way last week it is a little bit small for those days. It is great until I get into the head+ range, doesn't hold the drop or bottom turn to well in that size. But it rocks in the waist to head high range. Need a board that is about 2 inches or so larger. Or maybe some larger stiffer fins might help it, I dunno.
Mike

DuhJeepster

According to NWS, TD #3 is now tropical storm Charley.

Please continue to pray for surf. I think it's working.

Mike we had 6-8' swells, but it was pretty choppy conditions later in the day because of the wind shift.

mps9506

Hard to tell which direction charely is goijng to take. The buoy forecast is calling for us to have a big swell showing up Sunday.

mps9506

Hows the surf in florida today jeepster?
Firday and saturday look to be the days here. Calling for waves in the 7' range on Saturday.
I'm getting stoked.

mps9506

Wow, Latest updates here on the forecast are calling for 7 foot wave faces tommorrow, and 10-15 foot on Saturady morning. I don't think it holds too well over about 12 foot. Should be insane, and hopefully the size will keep the kooks out.
Mike