Why a QT is your best bet, but not a sure bet.....

I think the point is being lost in all the reminiscing about diseases and treatments youve done in the past.

I stated my point in my second post. I was hardly verbose by then.

No matter what your experience, FW or SW / 2yo fish or 12 yo fish , you are rolling the dice.
Personal experience means a lot i know this. But scientific and physical facts can not be ignored, just because they are posted online in forum format.

Scientific and physical facts absolutely cannot be ignored. I think you've misinterpreted the value I put on that. But if I want the best chance at correct information, I'm not going to the forums to get it. I'm going to the library. I gather and interpret research data that forms the policies and procedures within my institution for the care of micropreemies. That doesn't mean poo poo except you can cross "doesn't know how to research" off my list of perceived faults.

I don't find it offensive at all that you feel I'm being negligent, as I feel you are incorrect in that assumption. You hate to see people not treat, I dislike the idea of people treating instead of observing first. We both have different approaches, yet I've had wonderful longterm successes and I'm sure you've had wonderful longterm successes as well. I use to advise people to remove all fish and treat, yet I revised my protocol as years went by. So who is wrong? Nobody has to be.

To clarify, I don't use food/supplements as a treatment, like some people feed garlic thinking it's the anti-Ich additive. I use proven vitamins, that support the immune system, while I wait to see which direction it's going to go.

Now, if I woke up one morning and saw a fish covered, he would come out immediately. Even the healthiest fish can be overwhelmed by the sheer numbers in a small environment. If I saw increased work of breathing, pallor, poor or no appetite, scratching, frequent shedding or just general irritation, I would then consider treatment. But fish can indeed gain a partial or even a full immunity after exposure to a non-lethal dose, so I like to give them that chance if the situation looks benign enough. I also have to deal with the fact I don't have many references as to what treatments my fish can and cannot tolerate. A lot of times, my observations are the only ones I can find on a particular species. Not worth the risk.