White film on ocellaris clown

Poonaka

One of my clowns have white film on the left side of his body. He doesn't seem to be eating much anymore. He also seems to be swimming frantically in place while facing the front of my tank. What do I do?

DaveK

This is not a good thing. Most likely it's an infection. The fish should be removed to a quarantine tank and treated. With out seeing a picture it's tough to tell exactly what it's got. I would treat with an antibiotic, but that's something of a guess.

Poonaka

:( looks like he kicked the bucket last night. Found him this morning with a bunch of hermits munching on him. :(

JOHNY

One of my clowns have white film on the left side of his body. He doesn't seem to be eating much anymore. He also seems to be swimming frantically in place while facing the front of my tank. What do I do?

your clown had brook a common clown fish fungus and should be treated with formalin in r/o water baths 5 to 10 min.
my clown is presently suffering from this and after just one bath the change is drastic. i lost one last week and im working on saving my second one.

lcstorc

There is nowhere near enough information in this post to make a proper diagnosis or treatment plan.
I am very sorry to hear that the fish has been lost but for future posters please know that we need as much information as possible about the fish and it's surroundings. Parameters (actual numbers) filtration, other inhabitants, feeding routine, anything that has changed lately no matter how small, and best of all, a clear pic or two.
I would not just assume it was Brook, though it may well have been.