Whip's "new to me" RSM 130

whip

DSC02926 (Large).JPG

This little guy obliterated my copepod population. I didn't think it could be done, but he tore them up! I tried reintroducing more to the system, but either they didn't take or he dined on them until they went extinct again. I was afraid I was going to lose him, but he started eating frozen food and has been doing fine since.

The Royal Gramma and two clowns are doing good too!

As if I didn't have enough to do... the guy that I bought my RSM from texted me that he was selling his fully stocked 92 gallon corner bowfront and stand... Vertex 150 Omega Skimmer, Reefkeeper System, sump, refugium, Sea-Swirl, Kessil Lights... I could go on and on. He sent me a link to Craigslist to check it out. He started at $2,200 and by the time I saw it, he dropped it to $1,100. I politely told him it was out of my league and price range (and I was pretty happy with my RSM). He told me to shoot him an offer, but I still declined. Then he texted $500? I jumped all over it.

He had two Midnight Photon Clowns, a Snowflake clown, and a Blue Tang in there too.

When I got to his house, he gave me four extra tanks, a ridiculous amount of skimmers, lights, stand, pumps, etc. One of the tanks was fully stocked and housed two Maroon Clowns.

Anyway, I have one entire bay of my garage full of fish stuff right now. The wife isn't overly happy about it, so I have been busy getting the 92 up to speed.

Busy Busy Busy!!!!

whip

Whip, tank is looking AWESOME! are you still bare bottom? If so, how do you like it? Any issues with stability?
On a personal level, bare bottom is the only way to go. My tank stays crystal clear, is extremely chemically stable, and has almost zero alge problems.

Plus, almost the entire bottom of the tank is covered in coralline, so it is purple and pink and looks pretty cool.

whip

Dude that is a SMOKIN Deal. Are you gonna start a tank thread for the 92 gal?

I've been thinking about it. Since it was fully stocked, I am a little bummed out that it wasn't set up from the start the way I would've set it up.

Since I LOVE going bare bottom, the first thing I did was suck the live sand out. Because I did it in small chunks, that activity has taken about two weeks. During this time, I took 95% of the live rock out and stored it in a plastic 33 gallon trash can (with heater and pump for flow). Now I want to buy all new Pukani dry rock (because I don't like the live rock it came with), aquascape it, cure it, and put it in... all of this while trying to make sure the two Midnight Photon Clowns and Snowflake Clown (and Tang) stay happy.

Plus, I am a neat freak, so I am cleaning the Vertex, sump, refugium, Sea Swirl, reactor, etc. Trust me, the deal was awesome, but bringing everything back to like new condition is a PIA!

I am even cleaning up the electronics (Reefkeeper Lite, Kessil Light, etc.) and organizing cord management. Doing a thread on it doesn't sound as much fun as doing a thread on my RSM that I started from scratch.