which tang?

Snelly40

hey guys, with my new upgrade i am thinking about adding another tang.
obv any zebrasomas are out b/c of my yellow tang, but i have narrowed it down to 2/3 of them and was hoping for ur pics and input so i can finally decide.
I am looking at either a Kole Tang, or a Naso Tang.
naso? blond or regular? and whats really the difference?

thanks guys!!!!

panmanmatt

An option to the kole is a tomini bristletooth tang. Same family as the kole and equal in size also.

Here's a pic of mine.
newtank090.jpg

Snelly40

he's reaally cool looking too.
i think i am leaning towards the Kole instead of the Naso.
also, if i order two bluethroat triggers (1 male/1female) do they match up easily? or could that be a bad idea?

lcstorc

I love the tominis but they are hard to find. Another great one that is also a bit tough is the Chevron. Gorgeous colors particularly as a juvinile. I love mine. He is quite a character with his big mouth.

Franksreef

What size tank? if you dont have a 6ft long tank I would not recommend another tang. If you insist then I would do the kole or tomini. Naso get big fast and need a lot of room.

kyrie_eleison

Has been struck by the ban stick
A kole is pretty nice; although if you don't mind housing a fish that gets big fast, naso tangs are great to have also; especially b/c of how beautiful they are.

Snelly40

90 Gallon tank, should be plenty of roaming room for the two tangs.

how big do blue throat triggers get? and would he be a good addition as well.

2455coop

Have you thought a powder blue tang . I am in the process of adding a powder blue and a tomini.

Check out this Thread. Maybe this will help.

Snelly40

im scared of a powder blue, yes they are beautiful, but they get BIIIIG and they can be mean and they can be quite succeptable to ich