Which of these three small tanks are the best?

Which of these three small tanks are the best?

• Nanocube

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Aquapod

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Eclipse

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 8 19.0%

• Total voters

Snelly40

i have a nanocube and everything about it works really well. solid costructions, nice maxijet powerheads, glass, good filtration set up and easy to modify

dobejazz

I have a 24g Nano cube I like it's simplicity although I did upgrade the lights it's been running since Feb 05

kimbertent

dobejazz said:
I have a 24g Nano cube I like it's simplicity although I did upgrade the lights it's been running since Feb 05

dobejazz is that the only type of modification you had to make on it? what do you have in your nanocube?

KMP

It wouldn't be fair for me to say, since all I've owned is the Aquapod - but everything everyone has said about the Nano, applies here as well. Although, it does not come with a Maxi Jet pump.

dobejazz

kimbertent said:
dobejazz is that the only type of modification you had to make on it? what do you have in your nanocube?

The lights are the only mod I've done. I have soft corals and 2 fish
Here is a bad pic I need to take a better one with the TV off :doh:
9836FTS_5-28-med.jpg

kimbertent

oh wow that is really nice dobejazz. i cannot decide whether I should get one or not. i am scared that it will be harder to maintain than a larger one. i think i might just wait and buy like a 40 gallon later. i already have a 72 and i have found this hobby to become very addicting. :)

lcstorc

You could do what I did and put the tanks next to each other and have them share water. I have a 24g aquapod (seahorse tank) that shares water w/my 125g softie reef tank. It has been set-up for 4 months that way and so far everything is great. I do one water change for the whole system and don't have to worry about the usual small tank issues.
I too became quickly addicted. :)

lcstorc

Well, my husband is really the one who set it up, but for starters the tanks share the same stand. Then we have a small pump that pumps water from the 24g into the 125. Then he has a gravity fed pipe that returns water to the 24. We had to raise the 24 since it is a shorter tank. This keeps the water level of both tanks the same. We are getting ready to install a float valve to cut off the pump when the gravity fee loses it suction like it did while we are on vacation. Water in the 24 got a little lower than I like but the valve should take care of that in the future.
I'll take some pics when the lights come on, if that will help. Just excuse the mess of my hood. We are in the process of re-building the hood and getting new lights for the 125.

Jemhidiahssj4

I have a Eclipse 12 with a ac 70 modded fuge, 130w 12k&actinic lights, and the only thing in my tank besides livestock is a power head for some extra flow. just like the shape of the thing.