which is more agressive-

Raf

difficult to say, I guess it depends on which fish they are in with. For example, a tomato clown would be ruthless towards another clown, especially if they are different species, but towards an angel, I think he would leave it alone and may just chase it out of his territory. As for the angel, towards other angels, he too would be aggressive, but towards a clown, i doubt very much would happen.

So to answer you question, between the two, they both can be aggressive but most likely only to their own kind.

Warnberg

For the most part I have to agree with Raf, it really depends on the fish. On occasion I have heard of some clowns getting so aggressive in smaller tanks that you couldn't put any fish in with it.

bluespotjawfish

If the clown is protecting an anenome it can be aggressive to anything that wonders by in close proximity. My maroon clown is evil! When I didn't have an anenome it would even protect certain rocks.

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
Marroon Clown

My maroon clown is evil! When I didn't have an anenome it would even protect certain rocks.

I had a Marroon that would spit sand at anyone that came close to the tank... caused me to burn myself on a MH once after biting my hand while I was reaching in the tank. :mad:

lcstorc

Now there is another club we can start. Owners of mean maroons.
My guy is nasty to anybody new in the tank including my hand etc if it get anywhere near his scrolling hammer. Even the right side of the tank is sometimes enough to get him started. He seems to leave my bottom dwelling fish alone and we only have problems with more swimming type of fish like if I add some more chromis, or even when I added my tangs. They are a lot bigger then he is but he still harrassed them in the beginning. Now they have made peace.

munki

difficult to say, I guess it depends on which fish they are in with. For example, a tomato clown would be ruthless towards another clown, especially if they are different species, but towards an angel, I think he would leave it alone and may just chase it out of his territory. As for the angel, towards other angels, he too would be aggressive, but towards a clown, i doubt very much would happen.

So to answer you question, between the two, they both can be aggressive but most likely only to their own kind.

yeah thats what i thought until the tc killed two fish:( will a coral b. kill a yellow tang or will a yellow tang kill a coral b.

BrothaWolf

I had a mean tomato clown in my very first saltwater tank It was a used 30 gallon set up(he came with the tank) I couldnt add anything without him beating it up

PhilOlsen

Has been struck by the ban stick
yeah thats what i thought until the tc killed two fish:( will a coral b. kill a yellow tang or will a yellow tang kill a coral b.

Actually those two will have no issues, I have a Coral Beauty with a Humu Humu Trigger, a Yellow Tang and 2 damsels in a 280 and all get along fine.

BrothaWolf

what did you end up ldoing with it. i almost used mine as a feeder fish.:bluenod:

I upgraded to a 125 gal and then he had no territory. I then threw in a couple of triggers, a panther and a miniatus grouper and a lion. He wasnt so tough then! :bluemad:

lcstorc

Good point in the last 2 posts. It is not only the fish or combination of fish but the size of the tank is a significant factor as well. With a larger tank you can sometimes get away with combinations that would be impossible in a more confined space.

Witfull

tomato clowns are notorious bullies. especially when they get to 6". ive seen them put triggers in the corner of a tank. centropyge angels are not really agressive except to their own genus. they can get territorial to a new fish of similar shape and size though.