Where's the party?

Smiley1

So anywayzzzz......

I am kinda new and kinda old to the reef world and figured I should let you all meet me. I started off by getting slammed into a job for a company that manufactured aquarium medications a while back. I had no clue about aquariums nor that you could put fish in them. I found out that you can cause problems in an aquarium and fix them using chemicals. You could also spend $20 on medicine for a $2 fish. That being said, the mechanical structures struck my curiosity and thus began my interest in having my own aquarium. So I set up a 55 and raised some Jack Dempseys. Fun and colorful fish.
Shortly after that job ended, I found myself working for a local aquarium shop performing maintenance on marine tanks and learning the ins and outs of a reef system. I learned how to keep a tank alive without using tons chemicals and medications. I also learned balance and that there was more than just one type of coral. Boy was I shocked when I found out that there were millions of corals, and each had a different name and place in a reef.

So now.....after seeing all my friends with sweet reefs, I had to get myself one. I had my old 55 with a stand and all the freshwater filters and such, so I decided to put it all to use. So to make a long story short, I have the beginning of a nice system minus a few pieces.

My system as it is has a 55 gallon tank, with a metal stand. It has a 55 gallon tank on the bottom of the stand as a sump. Pictures below. I have an Emperor 400 filter, and 2 maxi jet 1200. Along with 2 Corallife 65 watt 24" fixtures. As of today, the livestock is as follows:

2 Blue Devils
1 Yellowtail Damsel
1 6-Line Wrasse
1 Yellow Watchman
2 Peppermint Shrimp
2 Emerald Crabs
1 Cucumber (Detritus The Terd)
1 Red Serpent Star
numerous dwarf blue leg hermits, astrea snails, nassarius snails, and cerith snails.

I have a few corals that I have gotten from various people off CL and the LFS. These are a yellow leather, some Kenya Tree, purple mushrooms, strawberry mushrooms, a few single zoas, a green Pocilla, and some strange neon yellow softy.

I also have 2 crazy things living in there. I believe one is a gorilla crab. The other I have no clue. I thought it was a spotted mushroom but it crawled into a hole the size of a pencil lead and havent seen it since. Gray with blue dots.

Heres the link to the pic.

The System